DD gets to work on pitching during the offseason

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
DW main softball advisor was a neighbor whose DD currently plays under her ability. She has had years of lessons/ practice and has decided to coast for a little while. She has gone through the working real hard to get where she is at and needs a minimum startup time to get where she currently wants to be as a P. She has gone through the getting to practice and games early so the Manager could see she was working on it without interfering with the Team. Trying to show the coaches she was ready, putting in a lot of work so if given the opportunity she would be ready.

The neighbor seemed to have forgotten; maybe they want to, how much effort it has taken them to get to where she is at. Work on pitching in Nov.?, you are nuts, start a few weeks before the 1st game and you will be fine.

End of spring season DD was miserable, she was just a mess she knew it and I could not help her. Everyone was miserable. Just the 6 week break between spring and fall ball she was able to work on things without having to worry about pitching during a game made a huge difference. She was a much different pitcher during the fall, she just needed to take a breath and get her legs under her again.

P has always been important to DD, and she will still drive everything, but DW allowed me to signup DD for a pitching clinic starting Sunday for 5 or 6 weeks. Not sure about their P instructors but it is @$22 an hour for indoor space, with an instructor. Have some other indoor space lined up so we can practice outside of the clinic. It happens to be with a baseball Team and when I mentioned it to DD she asked if she had to pitch overhand or if she was allowed throw it underhand when she practiced with them. :)

As far as I am concerned DD is allowed to miss a game for a birthday, pool party, etc. so I know we do not have the commitment to softball some people here have but I am excited that she is allowed, almost encouraged by DW, to practice this offseason.

Feb 26, 2010
Crazyville IL
It will be huge Quincy. I can always tell which of my pitchers have practiced during the off season and which ones sat on the couch watching reality TV.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd