DD Bragging

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
DD is always the smallest player on the field, the hitter before her in the batting order is twice her size.

I am not sure why people equate the size of the Player with how hard they can hit the ball.

The opposing Teams keeps pulling everyone up when she steps up to the plate, she hits the ball harder than anyone on our Team. The Mangers of the Teams we play keep putting their fielders in a position that they cannot be successful when DD is batting. :)

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Good for her! My DD is always the biggest player on the field and has the swing and power to show. That being said, my lead off batter is 4'11" and maybe 70 lbs soaking wet. She routinely puts the ball in play with the ball ending up near the 180' mark and is so fast she's rounding second by the time the balls into the in field. I'm sure your DD's the same way! Why coaches routinely underestimate a girl based on size verses her batting technique and bat speed is beyond me. At least they have the advantage of surprise on their first at bat...LOL. Only a bad coach would make that same mistake on their second time around.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2010
Surprises can be fun. My DD just started with a new hitting instructor last week; he seems like a real good guy. He had her in a tunnel, front tossing to her from behind a screen, having her do various things so he could watch her swing and see how she handled various locations. She was following his instructions obediently and having fun smacking the balls around. Eventually he asked her what her spot in the batting order was. She told him she batted ninth and he said, "There are eight girls on your team who hit better than you?"

She calmly told him, "No, my coach likes to have some power lower in the lineup." I remember in one at-bat in her last tournament she came to the plate with two outs and runners on second and third. I'm sure the other team was hoping she was their third out, but she doubled and scored both runners. It's a little hard for me as crazy Mom not to have her higher in the lineup, but I've learned from this site to keep my big fat mouth shut, lol. She's not upset about her slot, she does seem to come up to bat with runners on a lot, and opposing teams who aren't expecting much have gotten some unpleasant surprises.

Last edited:

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
quincy, it's funny but you are right that first impressions are soooooooo important!!

My DD is 5' 11", 250 lbs and looks like she's going to crush the ball (which she certainly can). It's hilarious when we have runners on bases, the opposing coach sets his outfielders against the fence snd she executes a sneaky bunt....

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
I said my DD was big. Not as big as Coach-n-Dads but still HUGE for a 12 Yr old. We always have the same experience, fielders backing to the fence. It's a tiebreaker game for the league championship for the spring season. Score was tied in the bottom of the 13th and my DD was up. Runners on first and Second with 2 outs. The opposing coach told the pitcher to wait until her fielders were set against the fence. I was coaching 3rd and my DD called time. She walked over to me, looked me in the eye and said, "you know Dad, that never gets old!" I started laughing! I don't know exactly what I expected to hear in that particular situation but it certainly wasn't THAT! Surprises can not only be fun but funny as well. By the way, the first pitch she took to the parking lot for a three run walk-off to win the game!

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2009
I said my DD was big. Not as big as Coach-n-Dads but still HUGE for a 12 Yr old. We always have the same experience, fielders backing to the fence. It's a tiebreaker game for the league championship for the spring season. Score was tied in the bottom of the 13th and my DD was up. Runners on first and Second with 2 outs. The opposing coach told the pitcher to wait until her fielders were set against the fence. I was coaching 3rd and my DD called time. She walked over to me, looked me in the eye and said, "you know Dad, that never gets old!" I started laughing! I don't know exactly what I expected to hear in that particular situation but it certainly wasn't THAT! Surprises can not only be fun but funny as well. By the way, the first pitch she took to the parking lot for a three run walk-off to win the game!

They had an open base; wonder why they didn't walk her.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
I asked him that very thing after the game. She was playing up for a 14u team and the opposing coach decided to pitch to her. He thought he would take a chance and try for the K or if she dropped it short or popped up they could make the third out. He never expected that.

Axe

Jul 7, 2011
Atlanta
My 7 YO DD is pretty small, barely 50 lbs but she has a good swing and hits lots of line drives that carry well into the OF grass and roll to the fence of our 8U field. She just loves to hit and has acquired some power practicing in our front yard almost every day.

We were in the yard hitting the other night and she told me that when she came to the plate at her game last week the other team was all saying "be ready, good hitter, good hitter". I said, "did you like that?" and she says "yeah, I did" with the biggest smile on her face you could imagine.

We practice every day because she loves to hit but it was certainly rewarding to see that big smile.

Nov 5, 2009
St. Louis MO
It is fun when the little girls are underestimated. In the summer season my DD is usually the smallest on the field, bats 2nd as a leftie. Opposing coaches usually play her to bunt or slap, not realizing he led her team in extra base hits and home runs last year. She has the highest BA on her HS team and bats 3rd - she also leads in stolen bases. I loved the smile on her face the first time she heard an opposing coach holler "Heads up outfield".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jtp1221