DD 16Ks, No Hitter - LOSES

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 15, 2010
The beauty of rec ball. DD pitching in league championship game. 6 innings. Strikes out 16 of 20 faced. No hitter. Final box score:

Us 0,6,3
Them 2,0,0

First inning the lead off bunts down 3rd base line. 3rd misplays and ends up booting ball to first base fence. Batter takes second. Next batter. Drop 3rd, catcher over throws first. Run scores. Batter takes second. Pass ball, runner takes 3rd. Pop up to shallow right, 2nd base drops ball. Run score. DD strikes out next three. 2 runs scored, 3 errors.

Team settles down plays near perfect D rest of game. Offensively other coach switches his righty and lefty each inning. We can't get in a rhythm. No runs scored, scattered hits. Team loses.

This game did my heart good. Saw the true spirit of rec ball. The other team won because they played better ball as a team

Jul 28, 2008
We lost one a few weeks ago where my pitcher had 12k's, no walks and no hits. 3-0. D3K and two errors all scored.

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
Right after graduating high school I pitched one where I struck out 17 in 7 innings and lost 1 to 0. Five years later I won the MV pitcher trophy for the national tourny. Tell her not to sweat it.

If her team cant get her 'A' run, she cant win 'A' game.

May 9, 2008
Hartford, CT
LOL ... bet there are TONS of stories like this ... My DD ... 5 innings struck out 15, no walks, one real hit ...we lost 5-3 ... errors can really kiil a game.
Oh well!

Apr 9, 2010
Fortunately, DD went 11-1 in the circle during HS ball, and the one loss (2-1) was deserved!
However, I was watching the daughter of a friend pitch an absolute jewel one night. No hitter, not sure how many Ks. Bottom of the 7th inning, they're up 1-0, an opponent hits a grounder to first baseman, who completely misses the ball. Right fielder is playing heads up, gets the ball, and throws a dart to first basemen.......who boots the ball! Runner takes off to second, and the first basemen throws a rocket.........into left center field! Runner goes in to score and ties the game!! Three errors by the first basemen.....on one play! That was tough to watch.

Apr 13, 2010
That kind of stuff happens all the time in 10U. My DD threw 10 strikeouts in 3 innings played on Sunday and the score was 7-1 for the other team.

Aug 21, 2008
In the 2005 World championship, I lost a no hitter in the 12th inning... and we lost the game. My team would always tell me, "you throw shut outs and we'll tie them".

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ourLadGloves