Daughter wanting to change teams

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 5, 2019
If she wants to change teams do it. She'll be more likely to work harder since this was her choice.

Feb 24, 2021
Just thought I would give a update. She did switch teams and glad she did. The new coach really push's her to perform better. We played our first tournament with them about a week ago she got a grand slam her first at bat. Done really well at catching the new pitchers.

Feb 24, 2022
I was wanting to get some opinion on only playing 1 season of 12u and moving to 14u. I know she is capable of playing at the level with no problem. Just a little nervous for her to make a decision on her own I guess.
It sounds like these are 2 different issues - the first being, should you change teams? If the answer to that is "yes", then try to find the best fit for your daughter, not necessarily the first option. There are a number of threads on making a decision to change teams. It's not easy, but you have to do what's best for your daughter.

Regarding playing up - my daughter was in this situation a few years ago. We joined a 2nd yr 8U travel team when my daughter was a 1st yr player and she moved up with the team through the years. We only played 1 yr of 12U because we had some older girls on the team. So, we faced a decision after the season - move up to 14U with the team or find an age appropriate team. This was a hard decision because we had been with the team for a number of years and we were all very close. Ultimately, we made the decision not to move up. This was not based on ability (my daughter led the team in hitting), but primarily on the fact that I didn't want an 11 year old sharing the same bench as 14 year olds. They were all good girls, but there is a difference between what 11 yr olds and 14 yr olds talk about. Besides, at some point I would need to "right size" her with her team, so this seemed like the right time. We ultimately decided on looking at other teams, and after some ups and downs have found a great age correct team.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying