Dallas Escobedo speed

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 10, 2010
midwest
If i recall...last year when she pitched in the Espn Rise Game...it was showing she was pitching 61 and was dropping to 59 as game went on. Correct me if i am wrong on that.

My question is what are they saying/showing she is pitching this year?

Mar 11, 2009
I want to say she is in the mid sixty's now...I seen here pitch twice this season at ASU and she didn't loose any velocity as the game went on..

Jun 10, 2010
midwest
Thanks tmolina! I hope they get on tv so we can see her pitching. Might go see them in OKC if we get the chance too. I was curious what their workouts did for the freshman.

Chelsea Thomas of Missouri is in soooo much better condition this year that its impressive...of course she had most of a season to get in shape last year.

If they show a tv game of ASU out there and show the speed, please let me know. Thank you!

Jan 4, 2011
Ive seen her all season and(we are so blessed #1 team in the country)we ve clocked her out of hand mid to low 60's all game.Her counter part mackansie popescue is 60-61 all game but what makes her deadly is her change up(world class).Ive broke my wrist twice just watching it from the g/a seats.They bumped 2 former starters (who are legit d1 pitchers) to pitching b.p.They are both unbelievable freshman, coach myers team is loaded!!!

Other girls to watch are the lead off katlyn boyd(best ball player ive ever seen!!)krista donnenworth(monster stick,MONSTER STICK!)and mandy urfer(basher at the bottom of the line up).Not trying to be a homer but when you have a chance to watch them grab your daughter and dont miss it.They do it the right way(we are so spoiled).

Jun 10, 2010
midwest
Thanks Strike3dad!
I remember the first college game I went to. I was in the out field stands thinking...the pitching doesn't look that great,...and definitely not that fast...I could hit it.

So I went behind the plate to watch for a bit. When the girl threw a fast ball after a few off speed breaking balls and a change up...i was like...wow..ok... I don't know how you can be anticipating the differences and make contact. Gave me a total new respect for their abilities both pitching and hitting.

Look forward to seeing them play...and hopefully they will have to play one of our homey teams in OKC!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish