New consistent speed

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
Sweet. We're still looking to hit the big 5-0. In the 60's is a dream lol

I felt this way with my DD. At 12yo she was only throwing 45-48 consistently but could never exceed it. Then by 13 she hit 50, then 53, and ultimately 55. She quit pitching last Summer, but based on her progress between 13 & 14, 60 was definitely doable had she wanted to continue the work.

Be patient. Keep working. Every pitcher is different.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2022
Keep working hard, and she'll get there. I remember when mine threw 42.

I probably get more excited about it than she does. Her former coach, who is a super awesome guy, only got the radar out when I asked. He always says it's not about speed...it's about control and movement. And he's not wrong, but that little number on the pocket radar is a huge motivator for the girls. It may be one dimensional, but it's a direct indicator of progress. Getting good data isn't easy.

Jan 25, 2022
I felt this way with my DD. At 12yo she was only throwing 45-48 consistently but could never exceed it. Then by 13 she hit 50, then 53, and ultimately 55. She quit pitching last Summer, but based on her progress between 13 & 14, 60 was definitely doable had she want to continue the work.

Be patient. Keep working. Every pitcher is different.

She'll be 15 in less than a month, but she's only been pitching for two years and playing ball for three. I think she can get to 50 before the season is over, then we can work hard on whip in the offseason. She's been lifting weights 2-3x a week since early fall and seems to still be growing, so I think she'll physically be ready for whatever her mechanics can get her. We shall see. I'm just happy to see her keep progressing and (mostly) enjoying herself.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee