Dad looking for decent catchers mitt

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
What model vinci is it? How is the padding? Does it pop loud? Like louder than the cmw3001?
Here’s the deal, Kip leather used Vinci mitts don’t come up that often, and the fact that jmdub has already put in 60% of the work and time breaking it in would just about make this mitt worth more than that new All-Star! Now that might not make much sense to you cause you’ve never had to break one of these in before!

Padding?? Does this mitt have padding? Yeah, a truckload!

Don’t overthink it, this is the one, get it before it gets gone! I made that All-Star recommendation before jmdub posted his Vinci for sale!

@Eric F has more experience with this mitt than me, and can tell you a little about the padding, maybe he’ll chime in?

Don’t miss out, you’ll kick yourself later if you do!

Oct 4, 2018
Buy it dude, buy it!!!!

EDIT: I'm a lefty. I don't need this glove. I do, however, need a new catcher's glove. Had to stop working with DD last night as my finger hurt too bad.

Feb 25, 2020
Buy it dude, buy it!!!!

EDIT: I'm a lefty. I don't need this glove. I do, however, need a new catcher's glove. Had to stop working with DD last night as my finger hurt too bad.

You can get the old model allstar for about 90$ with that code.

Oct 4, 2018
It'll be loud enough! As long as she's doing her part, and you're squaring it up perfectly in the pocket, it'll be loud!

They need to sell a product that makes gloves louder. Like the mufflers some people put on hot rods.

Jun 7, 2020
I remember when I I played 14u baseball. We had a guy pitching against us. He was clocked at 84mph. He was a beast. He threw his arm out his jr year in hs. The catchers mitt crack was incredibly loud. His coach pulled him for a much slower pitcher. That mitt would pop just as loud as the faster pitcher. All the parents couldn't believe it would crack like that. It intimidated the hell out of us. The catchers dad worked as a sewing machine operator. Our coach swore he sewed a piece of aluminum in the mitt to make it crack louder. Idk if its possible or not but that's what our coach told us.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619