Critique of my 7yo DDs swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 29, 2014
Go to the hitting thread and learn some of the basics.

She has a very all back then all forward swing, a lot of bat wrap, followed by bat drag and extends her front arm way too much (although this might be a result of her being to far from ball on tee.

Should be able to tell more with a brighter video. At 7 she should be very teachable....Good Luck.

and if you are gonna be on these boards you gotta have a thicker skin, we tend to joke around a little, but no one is ever mean and if they are we take care of it pretty quickly, I got a little chuckle from [MENTION=2269]rdbass[/MENTION]' gif (he is a respected member of the community and always very agreeable so he is probably the wrong person to pick on)

Feb 10, 2015
Go to the hitting thread and learn some of the basics.

She has a very all back then all forward swing, a lot of bat wrap, followed by bat drag and extends her front arm way too much (although this might be a result of her being to far from ball on tee.

Should be able to tell more with a brighter video. At 7 she should be very teachable....Good Luck.

and if you are gonna be on these boards you gotta have a thicker skin, we tend to joke around a little, but no one is ever mean and if they are we take care of it pretty quickly, I got a little chuckle from [MENTION=2269]rdbass[/MENTION]' gif (he is a respected member of the community and always very agreeable so he is probably the wrong person to pick on)

Thank you. I wasn't picking on him, I just started using this tapatalk app and didn't know if it was an actual gif or he was messing with me. All I was wanting was help like I got from you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
Here, I made a gif:
img0667.gif

Best GIF ever. I had to restrain myself from putting it in the model swing thread.

Mar 29, 2012
We were gonna try this morning but it's still raining we're in northeast texas under flash flood warnings at the moment and she's still wanting to go hit. So as soon as the rain quits I'll try to get a better video.

Don't know if you have a basement, but what I did was set up a blue tarp across the back of the basement and have DD hit wiffle balls off the tee into the tarp so she could hit during the winter.

Feb 10, 2015
Don't know if you have a basement, but what I did was set up a blue tarp across the back of the basement and have DD hit wiffle balls off the tee into the tarp so she could hit during the winter.

No I wish we did. I do have a shop tho, I could hang a tarp up in there and have her hit into it. Thanks for the idea!

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I'm sorry you got ruffled, Jbruner51, but RDB's GIF was funny. You knew the video was dark and hard to see, but felt the need to post it anyway. Lighten up. Post a decent video. You're in the right place to get some good guidance.

Feb 10, 2015
What's the best way to fix that? I watched a couple videos on YouTube after dj said that but not very explanatory...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA