Cracked bat? Or just paint cracks?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 1, 2018
I've been buying and using composite bats for 20 years. Mikens, Demarini, and LS. I've never seen a "paint crack".
I had a couple Demar's that flaked off paint.... then the hottest bat ever Demarini Juice I literally blew it up during Snowball tourney.... it was awesome to see a bat explode though

May 29, 2015
That's an unfortunate thing whether it's just crack paint or physical crack umpire see's either imperfection and gets tossed because they are not the QC Department to determine which it is.

Just in case anybody missed that last part. Seal of approval.

NFHS has determined that I am fully qualified to rule on the structural integrity of a highly R&Ded piece of expensive equipment made with the finest of high performance grade materials AND to determine the safety of your daughter's jewelry despite providing me with NO training or guidance on these topics.

I paid them $60. I am a licensed expert.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
I had a couple Demar's that flaked off paint.... then the hottest bat ever Demarini Juice I literally blew it up during Snowball tourney.... it was awesome to see a bat explode though

Goes to my point about "paint cracks". It's not really a "paint crack"; it's a structural failure about to happen.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
The juice blew up because it was used in a snowball tourny in winter time...and prob cold as heck...hahaha.

Webbing/paint cracks are exactly that...not structural at all.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Webbing/paint cracks are exactly that...not structural at all.
Is my glove cracked between the index & middle? It really has me worried....hoping it's just cosmetic and not structural! Also hoping you can give me some good news, it's one of my most favorites! It's a 2013 model, you think Morton's will still warranty it?

Please tell me something good sir, please!

I love all these cracked glove posts said no one ever! :LOL:
thumbnail (94).jpg

Jul 2, 2013
I've been buying and using composite bats for 20 years. Mikens, Demarini, and LS. I've never seen a "paint crack".
I see paint cracks or webbing in the white ghosts a decent amount. Normally it's when people bring them to me to complain that their DD cracked her ghost "already". You can't convince most people that it's not a legit crack so I normally try and tell them they can keep using them and they send them in for a replacement anyway.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
I see paint cracks or webbing in the white ghosts a decent amount. Normally it's when people bring them to me to complain that their DD cracked her ghost "already". You can't convince most people that it's not a legit crack so I normally try and tell them they can keep using them and they send them in for a replacement anyway.

My point is that it's not a paint crack. No composite bat I've ever bought among three other brands ever showed a "paint crack". Ghosts come apart in a stiff wind.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles