CP Pitcher issue

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 20, 2011
Coaches,

Thanks for the responses. I talked with my other two coaches, including the one that has been pitching, and both agreed that seeing different pitchers is better for the kids. And as he said who is to say he will always be there to pitch in a game. I was going to talk with the coach in question but his kid was sick and they werent at practice. Our team will survive. Thanks again.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
DD thinks she is a better pitcher then me. If it comes up I remind her of the CP days when I dominated in the circle against our Team. :)

Jan 12, 2011
Vienna, VA
It drives me crazy when coaches lob balls in there like slowpitch. I always tried to keep the pitch flat and at a reasonable speed.

I actually miss coming in to relieve our pitchers after 4 balls in 10U. I really felt like part of the team when someone in the infield would say "strike her out, coach".

Once I had a very good catcher and she would set up on the corners when I came in to see if I could hit my spots.

Another time I threw one in the dirt and out of the opponents dugout I hear "low rider (low rider), pitch a little higher, pitch a little higher..." I didn't know whether to laugh or plunk the batter on the next pitch.

In a playoff game against a tall girl I threw one a little high in the zone and she drove it over the outfielders heads for a solo HR. I could tell it rattled my team a little so I called time and came out of the dugout and said "Hey girls sorry that was my fault. Forget about it and let's get the next out".

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I'm just waiting for a thread about a parent complaining that the coach doesn't set hitting-Tee height correctly in a t-ball league...

Axe

Jul 7, 2011
Atlanta
KevinC, did you actually pitch to the other teams batters?

We rescue pitch to our own batters when their pitcher throws 4 balls.

Jan 12, 2011
Vienna, VA
I would pitch to both teams one inning and the other coach would do the next inning. The idea was that as long as the coach pitches the same to both teams one team doesn't get an advantage or disadvantage based on the skills of their coach pitcher.

Mar 13, 2010
I'm just waiting for a thread about a parent complaining that the coach doesn't set hitting-Tee height correctly in a t-ball league...

Hey it can happen! I had a kid today who hit the ball, chased the ball, picked it up and threw it to first and then ran to first! And got to safe! Thankfully the parents were laughing too hard to call him out but I've known parents who would arc up on that!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad