Congratulations to University of North Georgia

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
Metro ATL
045bf46f0b8fd162d0db4f3a7469cb64.jpg

My oldest DD will be a junior (does not play), nonetheless, proud of this school and this team! Glad to know those fees I pay are going to good use!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
Congrats, North Georgia. Been to that school several times. Pretty town, campus, in the Georgia mountains.

Random observations: I notice it's an all-Georgia roster. Best hitter is a Purdue transfer, but native of Georgia. State lottery gives Georgia kids huge tuition discounts for attending Georgia public colleges & universities, which is a recruiting advantage. Lot of these kids are probably getting no athletic money b/c they don't need it. Four Georgia teams in the top 12 of D-II in the Massey Ratings. I'm a fan of Georgia teams, so more power to 'em! It wouldn't be an advantage if Georgia were not such a strong state for softball.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
Metro ATL
Congrats, North Georgia. Been to that school several times. Pretty town, campus, in the Georgia mountains.

Random observations: I notice it's an all-Georgia roster. Best hitter is a Purdue transfer, but native of Georgia. State lottery gives Georgia kids huge tuition discounts for attending Georgia public colleges & universities, which is a recruiting advantage. Lot of these kids are probably getting no athletic money b/c they don't need it. Four Georgia teams in the top 12 of D-II in the Massey Ratings. I'm a fan of Georgia teams, so more power to 'em! It wouldn't be an advantage if Georgia were not such a strong state for softball.

It is indeed a bargain if you get the HOPE scholarship! The campus is smaller (maybe 6,000 students spread across a couple of campuses). A very good fit for my DD (big fish in a little pond). The only downside (for non student-athletes, as that is my only experience as of now) is that they only gtd housing for freshman year.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1