Confidence/Aggression

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 15, 2009
Midwest
would you all consider a top 25 DIII team to be worth watching. local college team around here (about 25 minutes away) is ranked in top 25 of DIII, was thinking of inviting my team to go watch a game first afternoon of spring break.

Yes. Have them pick out a player, and watch that player. If they were a little older you could have them take a few notes. If you would contact the coach and tell them you are bringing a young team, they might take the time to meet them after the game.

May 6, 2015
thinking of contacting team prior, probably going to see second half of a DH (most of their schedule is DHs). if coach and/or some of the girls could talk to my girls (10u, mostly 7-9 YO), I think it would really spark them.

Also gonna talk to local HS, no chance to see any of their games really (all immediately after school), but want to see if the program has any girls interested in coaching who might want to help out, especially on pitching. HS team is also pretty good for the area.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I found the players are better the the coaches, I am sure it depends both on the coaches and players so do not jump on me.

Throw the community service out there as much as you can, they need to put in some hours.

Nov 8, 2014
They are 7 and 8. Don't teach em anything except getting the out at one. Let em touch the ball 100 times per practice getting the out at one. Over and over and over and over. At 9 and 10, teach em how to defend the steal of third and how to eliminate wild pitches and passed balls. Over and Over and over. When they are 11 and 12, introduce relays, rundowns and small ball. No matter what, let em touch the ball 100 times every practice.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06