Computer tech guys

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Fixing to walk out the door and head to a game, my sister called and wanted to know how to load a YouTube video ( 5 mins ) to a flash drive. It's her video of a soccer team she coaches. YouTube has changed so much over the last few months and you can't direct download anymore. ( I didn't have much time to try other options, so figured I'd ask on here )

Has anyone got some QUICK advice on how to do it now. What use to work doesn't anymore so it would need to be some recent success with the flash drive.

I assume there is some "third party" program that allows you to capture the video ( from youtube ) and load it to the flash?

I'll check back on here when I get stationary.

Thanks to whoever can help.

Dec 29, 2011
Tempe, Az
Flash Video Downloader

They have add-ons for both Chrome and Firefox that puts a discreet little download arrow just beside your address bar and whenever you want to download a YT clip, it's just an easy click.

+1

The easiest way you are going to find to do it.

There are also some apps out there that will let you direct download to your phone/ipad but then you have to email it out ect..

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Easyest way I know is to use Real Player. Download it and keep it updated. Anytime you are watching a video, it opens up and ask you if you want to download it...gives you 2 options .flv if you want to store it just for yourself, or .mp4 if you want to share... free. IMHO

http://www.real.com/

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole