Composite Bats for U12

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 10, 2013
thank you for the ideas. She's still adjusting to the 20, but making good progress. Not totally sure she's ready for a 31/21 yet though. What other websites are worth a look?

Mar 29, 2012
on the bay you can get a new Miken Halo Lite for $90 or a Combat Lisa Fernandez for $80 or a Combat morphed gear for $75.

There is a used CF4 or scn8b out there in your price range right now.

That all buy it now.

I have also seen NIW 2012 synergys and stealths go for around $120 if you are patient.

From the buy it now I would go with the halo lite, nice bat.

Apr 1, 2010
thank you for the ideas. She's still adjusting to the 20, but making good progress. Not totally sure she's ready for a 31/21 yet though. What other websites are worth a look?

Closeoutbats usually has special offers on Mondays, so that would be worth a look. I like justbats.com a lot, but I don't think they're offering much in their closeouts right now.

She might have her heart set on a brand new bat, but IMO in the 30/20 size, you could certainly consider buying a used one on the 'bay or from play it again sports, etc. Even if it didn't have the new stamp to be good for U-trip after 2013, she'd probably need to move up in size by then anyway. And IMO the smaller bats get outgrown long before they lose their pop. DD had a used Easton Clarity? (the gold colored one) in 30/20 that I got off eBay. It's still a good bat; she just outgrew it. Actually, I need to get busy and put it and some of her others up for auction. We're overrun with bats!

There's another idea, on day one at your next tourney, walk around to some of the older teams and ask the parents if they have any outgrown 30/20 bats they could bring in the next day for you to look at and buy.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2009
on the bay you can get a new Miken Halo Lite for $90 or a Combat Lisa Fernandez for $80 or a Combat morphed gear for $75.

There is a used CF4 or scn8b out there in your price range right now.

That all buy it now.

I have also seen NIW 2012 synergys and stealths go for around $120 if you are patient.

From the buy it now I would go with the halo lite, nice bat.

The Lisa Fernandez combat is a nice bat for the price.

Apr 1, 2010
DD had a pink Halo light in 31/19 and a Combat Lisa Fernandez light in 30/18. They were both good bats, IMO the Halo was a little hotter. Those are good prices on those!

Jan 10, 2013
now that is some helpful information! Thank you! I really want to take her to Play It Again this weekend to get a feel of some different bats to get some first hand experience before we decide. I have the models you mentioned listed in my phone so we can check them out. Last night she took a few swings with an old POS 31/21 and handled it well, but also commented how noticeably thinner the handle was(mostly because her easton has a fairly thick grip).

Thank you all for your help, I wish I would've found DFP sooner!

Mar 29, 2012
DD had a pink Halo light in 31/19 and a Combat Lisa Fernandez light in 30/18. They were both good bats, IMO the Halo was a little hotter. Those are good prices on those!

DD has had teammates with both and handled both and liked the halo better, it also looked to have more pop in action.

haven't seen anyone use the Morpohed Gear TT yet, but heard they are a nice bat. We used to have a Virus Morphed and I have a suspicion it's pretty much the same bat.

Heck if you are willing to do auction instead of buy it now you cna win the combat morphed TT or OS for under $50 for 30" bats right now.

Seems every year around this time Combat dumps the previouys years models and floods the auction site so they go cheap. The virus morped I got last year around this time for $40 NIW in an auction.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2013
Awesome info...thanks. I hope we can find some to try out. The Play it Again 25 min from my house doesn't have a batting cage, but the one 45 min away does...probably worth the drive.

Jan 10, 2013
alright, as far as new bats, we're looking at the Combat Lisa Fernandez -10, Morphed OS, and Morphed Gear TT. DD is leaning the Lisa F, but I'm curious to the difference between the single wall construction of the LF vs the double wall of many other top tier bats out there.

I've also been keeping tabs on the used bats on ebay. A few have caught my eye, but nothing great (but I'll keep looking). Thanks for your patience and help everyone.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkhill45