Completion of AB after 4th ball or batter reaches base resulting from walk?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
GC and starting with other than 0-0 count:

1. It's just plain cumbersome to handle.
2. It takes too much time to make the adjustment.
or
2a. It screws up pitcher stats and pitch counts.

Try it some time on a 12U game. As I'm sure you're aware, they do not move at the snail's pace of a MLB game. iScore, while much less intuitive for socring, is much more flexible in setup.

You are just making excuses that really has absolutely nothing to do with the game.

Jul 10, 2014
C-bus Ohio
You are just making excuses that really has absolutely nothing to do with the game.

Not really sure what you mean by that? I'm talking about scoring apps, doing a simple compare/contrast between GameChanger and iScore based on my personal experience, that is all. What am I making excuses for? I know it's OT from the OP, apologies, but this comment baffles me.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
Not really sure what you mean by that? I'm talking about scoring apps, doing a simple compare/contrast between GameChanger and iScore based on my personal experience, that is all. What am I making excuses for? I know it's OT from the OP, apologies, but this comment baffles me.

Okay, and I'm talking about the game. But really, I don't see the big deal. Then again, I'm not a believer in coaching by numbers anyway.

Sep 30, 2013
GC and starting with other than 0-0 count:

1. It's just plain cumbersome to handle.
2. It takes too much time to make the adjustment.
or
2a. It screws up pitcher stats and pitch counts.

Try it some time on a 12U game. As I'm sure you're aware, they do not move at the snail's pace of a MLB game. iScore, while much less intuitive for socring, is much more flexible in setup.

I understand that there’d be a problem anytime you’d start screwing around with the scoring rules, but I don’t get why starting with a different count would bother anything. Of course I haven’t tried to use GC in over 2 years, and I’ve never used IScore. Maybe its just because my program doesn’t care what the count is. Here’s an example.

Agreed rules say count will start 1-0. Pitch sequence BBB which means it’s a walk. All I have to do is hit the “reached” button, choose WALK, and OK/Enter. If the rules are normal, and the sequence is BBBB, when I hit the “reached” button. The walk selection is already selected, so all I have to do is chose OK/Enter.

Since all the numbers like strike percent work off of the actual pitches, nothing changes. Since the number of K’s comes from the actual choice, noting changes. In fact, when I’m testing something, I often just hit out/strikeout if I want an out to register or reached/walk if I want a runner.

I’m not at all knocking any other program! Its just that I wrote mine so it would be easy for me, not for millions of people. ;)

Sep 30, 2013
Okay, and I'm talking about the game. But really, I don't see the big deal. Then again, I'm not a believer in coaching by numbers anyway.

What does a spray chart have to do with “coaching by numbers”? If anything, old dinos like yourself should love a spray chart because its based entirely on observation. The difference is, instead of depending on perceptions and memories of the coach, it depends on facts. ;)

Jul 10, 2014
C-bus Ohio

Again, don't know where this is coming from. I'm talking about scorekeeping and scorekeeping apps. Do you not have someone who keeps your book? And what's it got to do with "coaching by the numbers?"

Jul 10, 2014
C-bus Ohio
Agreed rules say count will start 1-0. Pitch sequence BBB which means it’s a walk. All I have to do is hit the “reached” button, choose WALK, and OK/Enter. If the rules are normal, and the sequence is BBBB, when I hit the “reached” button. The walk selection is already selected, so all I have to do is chose OK/Enter.

So is this an app for iOS or Android? It sounds pretty flexible.

Sep 30, 2013
So is this an app for iOS or Android? It sounds pretty flexible.

Sorry, its not an app. I wrote it to run on my son’s laptop. One reason was I can’t see the tiny screen on phones or pads, and to get what information I want displayed at the same time to reduce the number of times having to switch from one screen to the next, I needed a bigger screen.

Also, I live in NorCal and in our area we don’t play a lot of night HS ball games. Trying to see the screen of a computer in a 100+ degree day with is bad enough, but trying to see the screen on a phone or pad can be maddening.

I’d gladly give you a copy, but I’m afraid it has just enough quirks in it that it would drive you nuts! Remember, I wrote it for me, so I know how to get around most of the quirks, but doubt anyone else would tolerate it. The truth is, another reason I didn’t make it an app, is because I didn’t want to spend the time, effort, and $$$$ to completely debug it, which is what would have to happen if I was going to try to sell it.

If you have an app that gets the job done, stick with it. Believe me, every couple years they’re gonna take a quantum upgrade leap forward and you’ll already be familiar with yours. ;)

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
Again, don't know where this is coming from. I'm talking about scorekeeping and scorekeeping apps. Do you not have someone who keeps your book? And what's it got to do with "coaching by the numbers?"

Don't see what is so hard to understand that I'm NOT talking about scorekeeping, but the game itself.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez