Comeback Kid - Maggie Post ACL

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 1, 2011
She's allowed 1 bucket, off a tee, every other day for right now. Here's 5 swings from Saturday. She said "dad...you wanna go hit?" Of course, I was jumping out of my skin. After 5 swings, I said "ok, so let's work on..." I didn't even finish my sentence and she told me the magic words for whenever she just wants me to be her personal ball boy. "Dad, I really just want you to shut up and put balls on the tee." I told her a couple of years ago that when she wants me to leave her be and just let her swing it, that is the phrase she is to use so there is no confusion as to what my role is for that session. I thought her asking me to hit meant this was going to be about US. I was mistaken. This was about HER. 6 months of not being able to do what she loves has made her ANGRY. When we got to the last ball, her eyes started to glaze over, and after she hit it, she fell apart because she knew it meant she was done until Monday. All I could do was wrap my arms around her and say "soon." I will say one thing. May God have mercy on the first pitcher she runs across. She has 6 months of frustration built up, and she's going to let it all out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06