Comeback Kid - Maggie Post ACL

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 29, 2014
Great!! remember slow and steady wins this race...stick to the schedule the docs and therapists lay out and if anything feels off at all stop.

May 1, 2011
Great!! remember slow and steady wins this race...stick to the schedule the docs and therapists lay out and if anything feels off at all stop.

Kenny (OSU) is coming in next week to watch a HS teammate of hers pitch, and put his eyes on my girl. She BEGGED the PT lady for 1 at-bat. Of course she was denied, but my wife said it was funny to listen to her turn into an attorney for a second.

Sep 29, 2014
Kenny (OSU) is coming in next week to watch a HS teammate of hers pitch, and put his eyes on my girl. She BEGGED the PT lady for 1 at-bat. Of course she was denied, but my wife said it was funny to listen to her turn into an attorney for a second.
Awesome, yeah it is usually never the at bat itself it is the I hit it deep in the hole and the shortstop dove and knocked the ball down, I'm gonna break out of the box and run hard and beat out the throw to first when bad things happen and sometimes it's not even the injured part it's something else you are doing because you are trying to compensate for the injury now you have a fresh injury to worry about or God forbid she hits it in the gap....lol, stay on track she will get out there soon enough

May 1, 2011
How Crosby looking this year? Santa Fe and Friendswood are looking pretty good too.

So, this year and next year were the years that we have been looking forward to for quite some time. 3 freshmen this year with talent (2 of them are VERY special) was going to push us into competing for the top spot in the district. We get another very talented freshmen next year. We all felt we had a chance to make a deep run this year, and next. Mags got hurt and will miss most if not all of the season (I think she'll get some AB's, but she's not squatting behind the plate), and then one of the SUPER STUD freshmen tore her ACL colliding with another outfielder about a month ago. Already had her surgery, but she's out till probably September at least. We're still pretty good. We have an absolute behemoth in the circle who can compete with anyone, so that's a bonus. But, we're missing 2 kids that would both hit around .450 for the year, and combined about 30 HR's, 70-80 RBI's, a bunch of stolen bases (for the freshmen), and SERIOUS defensive ramifications. My honest opinion is that next year we're going to have one of the best lineups in the state if everyone is healthy with 6-7 D1 caliber kids running out on the field every night. Not a lot of schools can say that.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
So, this year and next year were the years that we have been looking forward to for quite some time. 3 freshmen this year with talent (2 of them are VERY special) was going to push us into competing for the top spot in the district. We get another very talented freshmen next year. We all felt we had a chance to make a deep run this year, and next. Mags got hurt and will miss most if not all of the season (I think she'll get some AB's, but she's not squatting behind the plate), and then one of the SUPER STUD freshmen tore her ACL colliding with another outfielder about a month ago. Already had her surgery, but she's out till probably September at least. We're still pretty good. We have an absolute behemoth in the circle who can compete with anyone, so that's a bonus. But, we're missing 2 kids that would both hit around .450 for the year, and combined about 30 HR's, 70-80 RBI's, a bunch of stolen bases (for the freshmen), and SERIOUS defensive ramifications. My honest opinion is that next year we're going to have one of the best lineups in the state if everyone is healthy with 6-7 D1 caliber kids running out on the field every night. Not a lot of schools can say that.
Having 1 or 2 kids that can change a game is key combined with other role players. If those key players are injured, It can mean the difference between making the playoffs or watching your friends play in the playoffs. But those teams that have the benefit of having the whole team that will be playing in college is incredible. In the Houston and surrounding areas there are two types of teams. The Haves and the Have Nots and that usually involves having 1 stud pitcher that can carry a team. Good luck and good rehab!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06