combat virus morphed

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 22, 2008
NW Pennsylvania
Well , I am fresh back from the Cherry hill softball clinic & watching Mike Candrea & Ralph Weekley put on hitting demonstrations, so I now know just enough to be a danger to myself & others!! Anyway I got a chance to buy my DD the above bat cheap there. Can anyone give me an oppinion on it??

Hitter

Banned
Dec 6, 2009
Well , I am fresh back from the Cherry hill softball clinic & watching Mike Candrea & Ralph Weekley put on hitting demonstrations, so I now know just enough to be a danger to myself & others!! Anyway I got a chance to buy my DD the above bat cheap there. Can anyone give me an oppinion on it??

Listen to what Coach says and discount anything Ralph has to say or recommend in my opinion......

Howard

May 22, 2008
NW Pennsylvania
Ha Ha Howard, thats the same take I had after listening to both..... funny how the 2 could have so many differences in the swing- mostly all of Candreas talk made good sense. The only thing Candrea said that was contrary to popular oppinion was about the grip. He basicly said that grip in the stance doesnt matter much because during the early part of swing, the hands will naturally adjust themselves to a palm up/down @ contact.

May 12, 2008
Listen to what Coach says and discount anything Ralph has to say or recommend in my opinion......

Howard

Interesting. I knew Candrea had been persuaded of some things in hitting by Don but I had no idea Weekly had modified his views such that they would be on the same page. Good news.

May 12, 2008
Ha Ha Howard, thats the same take I had after listening to both..... funny how the 2 could have so many differences in the swing

Now that's what I would have expected. I'd love to hear an update on what Ralph is teaching now.

- mostly all of Candreas talk made good sense. The only thing Candrea said that was contrary to popular oppinion was about the grip. He basicly said that grip in the stance doesnt matter much because during the early part of swing, the hands will naturally adjust themselves to a palm up/down @ contact.

That's why I don't comment much anymore on the grip discussions. I figure in the heat of the game they are going to go with what's comfortable anyway.

Hitter

Banned
Dec 6, 2009
Now that's what I would have expected. I'd love to hear an update on what Ralph is teaching now.

That's why I don't comment much anymore on the grip discussions. I figure in the heat of the game they are going to go with what's comfortable anyway.

I agree with palm up and palm down however I know that the grip influences the hand path and force applied when hitting the ball and the kids feel it and hear the difference so it has not been a problem getting them to do it.

If we ever met we can talk about Ralph and his exploits and hitting philosophies....yes he has changed but not as much as he would lead you to think he has.

Thanks Howard

Hitter

Banned
Dec 6, 2009
I can not believe they were on the same stage together myself! Hitting philosophy, I will take coach over Weekly any day!

Howard

May 22, 2008
NW Pennsylvania
I also listened to Mrs Weekley do some coaching sessions as well as demonstrate for her husband & I was much more impressed with her knowledge of the game as well as her ability to teach it. I am not here to run down a coach with a great softball history, It s just that I wasnt impressed with his hitting philosophy.

May 22, 2008
NW Pennsylvania
Howard, I had a bunch of Ah HA moments after coaches visual demo brought light to what I have been reading on here from some of you guys.... If you would make even a 5 min video breaking down the swing for some of us mentally challenged coaches, it would be HUGE!!

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Howard, I had a bunch of Ah HA moments after coaches visual demo brought light to what I have been reading on here from some of you guys.... If you would make even a 5 min video breaking down the swing for some of us mentally challenged coaches, it would be HUGE!!

Hitter might want to get a better looking guy like Bouldersdad, Sbfamily or myself to do the demo explaining his hitting thoughts.

Straightleg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA