College players using Xeno over Meta and LXT

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Now I gotcha...sending it right to the manufacturer would have cut out any "ifs".

In Canada, if you want to take it to the store, the Store is supposed to provide you with a warranty bat if they have that size in stock. Them deeming your bat is eligible SHOULD NOT take much time. I think they are pulling a shady thing on you. They are trying to send it off and get a bat before they provide you with the return. They are trying to keep from giving you a bat from their stock. Unless they legit dont have your size.

"Return the defective bat along with the proof of purchase to the sporting goods dealer from which it was purchased. If the dealer determines that the bat is eligible for warranty coverage, he or she should provide you with a replacement bat or order one from Rawlings if the desired model or size is temporarily out of stock. If the dealer deems the bat is not eligible for warranty coverage, it will be returned to you."

Dec 22, 2022
Now I gotcha...sending it right to the manufacturer would have cut out any "ifs".

In Canada, if you want to take it to the store, the Store is supposed to provide you with a warranty bat if they have that size in stock. Them deeming your bat is eligible SHOULD NOT take much time. I think they are pulling a shady thing on you. They are trying to send it off and get a bat before they provide you with the return. They are trying to keep from giving you a bat from their stock. Unless they legit dont have your size.

"Return the defective bat along with the proof of purchase to the sporting goods dealer from which it was purchased. If the dealer determines that the bat is eligible for warranty coverage, he or she should provide you with a replacement bat or order one from Rawlings if the desired model or size is temporarily out of stock. If the dealer deems the bat is not eligible for warranty coverage, it will be returned to you."
Thanks for that info. Yep, we’re in full seasonal hockey mode up here so softball inventory is pretty thin in most stores at this time of year. Because it was an internal failure and there wasn’t any visible external defect, I think they just wanted to run it through the manufacturer rep to make sure it was eligible and order a replacement. This particular retailer has been pretty good to deal with in the past, and there’s plenty of time to be patient until the diamonds thaw out in April anyway. Thanks again.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Comfortability and results think is more important than sponsor brand... at what point does a player pick a college because of
what bat they get to/ have to use?! 😁🥳

Colleges get the benefit of having inventory of bats!

Dec 11, 2010
Colleges get the benefit of having inventory of bats!
Neither of DD’s schools have managed to hand dd the exact bat that dd wanted. DD#2 has been swinging a mix of Xeno’s and LXT’s since day 1, and when I say a mix I mean a LXT for a practice bat and a Xeno for a game bat or vice versa. I don't think the coaches could care less.

I see many parents on this board with committed kids who are going to be surprised at this. “WHAT? MY SPECIAL PLAYER MIGHT HAVE TO MAKE AN ADJUSTMENT????” Lol

radness

Dec 13, 2019
Neither of DD’s schools have managed to hand dd the exact bat that dd wanted. DD#2 has been swinging a mix of Xeno’s and LXT’s since day 1, and when I say a mix I mean a LXT for a practice bat and a Xeno for a game bat or vice versa.

I don't think the coaches could care less.
🤯😕
I see many parents on this board with committed kids who are going to be surprised at this. “WHAT? MY SPECIAL PLAYER MIGHT HAVE TO MAKE AN ADJUSTMENT????” Lol
Yep! And players have to make do with whatever they swing with!

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2010
It is truly not as big of a deal as it sounds like. I think thats why the coaches don‘t care.

Or they possibly just don’t care. Who knows.

Jun 8, 2016
It is truly not as big of a deal as it sounds like. I think thats why the coaches don‘t care.

Or they possibly just don’t care. Who knows.
OU swings Rawlings (and not Mantras for the most part it seems). You could probably get away with only using your hands when counting the people on here whose DDs use (non-Mantra) Rawlings…

Feb 12, 2019
For the last 5 yrs DD has hit Xeno's and LXT's. She prefers Xeno and seems to have the most success with it.

Once Xeno was removed from shelves she tried Meta and went through 3 of them in 1 season.

It's the barrel washer that sits between 2 plastic pieces that comes loose after a few weeks and rattles around. A poor design mid barrel. Exit velo is less once the washer breaks loose but the Meta feel and feedback is comparable to LXT.

Needless to say, she's headed back to LXT off the shelf and maybe a "direct order" Xeno. IMO removing the Xeno from store shelves was a mistake.

Writing this in hopes the Sales crew at LS see it and push to get the Xeno back in mainstream production and back in distribution.

radness

Dec 13, 2019
For the last 5 yrs DD has hit Xeno's and LXT's. She prefers Xeno and seems to have the most success with it.

Once Xeno was removed from shelves she tried Meta and went through 3 of them in 1 season.

It's the barrel washer that sits between 2 plastic pieces that comes loose after a few weeks and rattles around. A poor design mid barrel. Exit velo is less once the washer breaks loose but the Meta feel and feedback is comparable to LXT.

Needless to say, she's headed back to LXT off the shelf and maybe a "direct order" Xeno. IMO removing the Xeno from store shelves was a mistake.

Writing this in hopes the Sales crew at LS see it and push to get the Xeno back in mainstream production and back in distribution.
Welcome to DFP
Happy New Year!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez