College Exposure !!!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
JWP - what the NE suffers from with respect to lack of top 25 DI programs, it makes up for in the sheer number of schools - DI-DIII. IMO, if you have a decent player who's serious about SB, there's a school somewhere in the NE that would love to have her. PM me if you want to discuss.

Apr 6, 2012
Several other things to consider are that your players need to contact college coaches via e-mail. No showcase, no matter how big or small, will benefit your kids if college coaches don't know they are there.

As to the smaller showcases, be sure that college coaches have and will attend. Again, part of this is the player's responsibility, but there are also some college showcases that don't have a college coach within one hundred miles. So, buyer beware! Ask other teams if college coaches actually attended the last time the showcase was held.

The point about registering early is also important. These showcases fill up fast, even the smaller ones.

There are so many good points here regarding how kids can play college ball and the reasons they should choose the schools they choose. Again, we tell our girls, consider the school academically, financially, and socially first and THEN the softball. We tell our parents and girls to work hard in the classroom and on the field so that when the time comes for them to be recruited, they will have CHOICES. Having choices is good, because I believe it increases your probability of finding the right fit.

Good luck! Private message me for some ideas for the summer if you want.

May 15, 2012
California
I agree with perfect cirlce- You can get so much more exposure by the video and personally emailing the link to the coaches becuase you never know what kind of responce you will get. Went to a soccer showcase here in Cali with a family member...she is a D1 recruit...but has not got the offers from the big schools she wants....she was contacted by a lot of the schools there ...we sent her video out to the coaches of the big schools that were there and others and sure enough thats how she was contacted by the schools she wanted to go to. And surprisingly this Big 10 school still had money and spots! One coach said it the best...."We recruit players that recruit us"....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd