Coach's Eye App

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
Yes, I've used it, along with the RVP version. Both are very good for what you need. The thing I like about the RVP version is that you can download video clips of MLB and top college players to use for comparison, or to show players what you're trying to get them to do. Or that no good pitchers actually throw with Hello Elbow or slamming the door shut. ;) Of course, those all cost extra too.

One good thing that Coach's Eye has that RVP doesn't is the ability to run the video at full speed as well as slow motion. RVP only has slow motion. Both let you step back and forth by swiping. Coach's Eye also lets you judge speed, at least roughly, if you buy one of the add-on packs.

It's definitely worth it if you really want to see what's going on.

Oct 22, 2009
I got it for my kindle and it cost me $5.00.

I uploaded the slow motion videos of Finch and Scarborough and use the side by sides in my classes for instant feedback.

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
Another great app is called "Ubersense". I think the two are basically the same thing.

I use Ubersense when I use my iPad and Coach's Eye when using my Android phone. Both are great apps. I lean to Coach's Eye more only because I have my phone more readily available than the tablet. Both are only as good as the camera on your device. I will say that I now mainly use the app to import GoPro video instead of using the native device camera. I mount the GoPro on the cage netting with a LynkSpyder. Then I control the camera with the phone via wireless. When I need to show my players something, a quick import only takes seconds and the quality of the camera can freeze the action (when enough light is available).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spinner55