Coaching Question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 8, 2009
We had the discusion about pulling her for obvious reasons but decided to stick it out for the spring season.DD plays infield and has pretty good game awareness plus she wears a mask and she's comfortable with staying on the rest of the season.I told her regardless of the rest of the teams attitude and coaches she is to play her A game at all times and when she get poor instruction from said coach she knows to nod in agreement then do it like she has been previously taught.I work with her daily so that she stays on top of her game and does fall into the trap with this teams poor training and moral.Heck if she doesn't find a new team this fall we may just start a new one ourselves,I already have a few GOOD coaches I know from the past who are will to give it a go if all else fails. It's just frustrating to deal with this and the drama from a couple of the parents on the team,it's all I can do not blow my stack, which I especially don't want to do in front of any of the girls.This guy just meets and criticism ready to go to war and that's not how it should be, I always had an open door policy with no reprecutions but he really blows a gasket when anything he doesn't agree with is talked about with him then starts talking about cutting the parents kids.This in itself shows me he thinks it has to his way or no way,bad bad decision to even try this team.
1999Coach

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck