Cleats

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 6, 2018
Perfect timing folks. My wife and i are discussing this very issue.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
Almost everyone that trys metal cleats prefers them over the molded especially on a wet outfield. The difference in grip is night and day.

May 23, 2019
My DD has both turf and metal Ringors for school ball and indoor practice. She has to use molded cleats in 12u right now. She would rather have spikes though. We were burning through a pair of tennis shoes in 2 weeks for pitching lessons. Ringors are the way to go.

Apr 6, 2017
DD likes the cheap UA at dicks. Boys black and white . Tried to get her new balance she said no way. 2 pairs of UA a season is what we do. She has a hole right now...

May 25, 2018
Thanks for the great info. She has a pair of boombah turf shoes for indoor she likes so I got her the cleat version. Will be looking into the Ringor metal for next season though.

Jan 28, 2017
Leaning toward buying metal for DD when she finishes up this summer. One question- we practice pitching on turf most of the time. She practices with her molded cleats or turf shoes, Will she need to practice on the field more if using metal during games? Over thinking? LOL

Nov 29, 2009
Leaning toward buying metal for DD when she finishes up this summer. One question- we practice pitching on turf most of the time. She practices with her molded cleats or turf shoes, Will she need to practice on the field more if using metal during games? Over thinking? LOL

I've always been of the mindset that you practice as close to how you'll be playing as possible. If she makes the switch to metal cleats then get her out there on the dirt and work. Work from good pitching areas. Work from bad pitching ares. Let her learn how to adjust to diferent playing surfaces.

Nov 8, 2018
My DD has both turf and metal Ringors for school ball and indoor practice. She has to use molded cleats in 12u right now. She would rather have spikes though. We were burning through a pair of tennis shoes in 2 weeks for pitching lessons. Ringors are the way to go.

Ringor has pitching turf shoes with the built in pitching toe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 24, 2018
Last year of molded and of course DD grows out of her old ones. We went with Boombah Pitching Toe and got what we paid for. Couple of cracks and separations after a full season of use, but nothing bad enough to complain about. For 1/2 the price of Ringors, it was worth it but I wouldn't brag about them.

Jun 23, 2019
New Hampshire
DD runs through about 4 pair a year. If you don't mind I would like to add on to your ?. My DD is also 13 and will start 14U next year and can use metal for the first time but a lot of girls in our area don't like pitching in metal cleats, Do you buy metal for pitchers?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13