Choosing the right team.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

02Crush

Way past gone
Aug 28, 2011
The Crazy Train
The only team that dd was invited to(so far) was team #3. Still have 2nd tryouts for teams #1 and #4. I asked my dd to rank her choices and she really likes #3. I also asked her if she minded playing on a team that does not win a lot and she said that she was OK with it. I have come to the conclusion that much of TB for her is about being with other girls and team first, playing softball 2nd, and winning 3rd.

I wish I could find more parents like you for our team. These were great words of wisdom as a parent. Sometimes I think we place to much of our goals and desires on our kids. Good luck in her decision. It sounds like it is on a good path.

Feb 9, 2012
Dearborn, Mi.
I wish I could find more parents like you for our team. These were great words of wisdom as a parent. Sometimes I think we place to much of our goals and desires on our kids. Good luck in her decision. It sounds like it is on a good path.

Parents are really an underrated part of a team. My DD's hitting coach shut her team down after 2 years of running it. Her reasoning? Parents were just to hard to deal with, she wanted to teach kids the game not put out fires every week with the drama.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
I have come to the conclusion that much of TB for her is about being with other girls and team first, playing softball 2nd, and winning 3rd.

I'm glad that you have found happiness in this way. I know that in the long run, you will enjoy the ride.

But my DD is like Mommy. If it was selling girl scout cookies, she would be running over and grabbing the boxes out of the others girls hands, and Mom on the phone calling all the family members, to see how many she would need to sell at work.

2 weeks ago, our church had VBS (vacation bible school) They said they were going to give a prize to the ones who brought the most friends with them.... DD started texting, FB messaging, skypeing, & phoning ect>>>> She won. They haven't gave her the prize yet. They never even said what it was, now they are all uptight about that... not sure if its good or bad, but thats how it is in my world. Sis just flat out goes for what ever she is into.

Jun 25, 2011
Boise , ID
Having gone through this recently I finally decided to let my DD choose . I gave her advice and helped her look at the pros and cons of each team and even though I really wanted her to play for one team she picked another . At the end of the day I had to realize that I don't play softball and she does so she should play with the team she wants to . As long as I believed she was safe my job is to right checks , give advice and either keep my mouth shut or sit so far away she can't hear me . My only stipulation was that if she hated it she had to stick it out until the next season . Turns out she loves her team and was one of the 6 returning players this year (last years team was a split team of older and younger12U's ). Lets hope she stays happy where she is at as this is one of the largest and oldest organizations in our state so hopefully we can keep the bulk of the girls together through 18U.

Aug 12, 2012
NorCal
I'm glad that you have found happiness in this way. I know that in the long run, you will enjoy the ride.

But my DD is like Mommy. If it was selling girl scout cookies, she would be running over and grabbing the boxes out of the others girls hands, and Mom on the phone calling all the family members, to see how many she would need to sell at work.

2 weeks ago, our church had VBS (vacation bible school) They said they were going to give a prize to the ones who brought the most friends with them.... DD started texting, FB messaging, skypeing, & phoning ect>>>> She won. They haven't gave her the prize yet. They never even said what it was, now they are all uptight about that... not sure if its good or bad, but thats how it is in my world. Sis just flat out goes for what ever she is into.

Haha....Good for her. You can't teach competitiveness or heart. Either you have them or you don't. Show me a good looser and I'll show ya a looser.haha

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan