Chicago Weather

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
"The trek to Friday's bounty of sun has been a long haul for cloud and rain- weary residents. The month has produced 17 days of measurable rain and the lowest percentage of April sun---just 29 percent---in 118 years of records."

This past fall the weather was awesome, this spring has been brutal. It has either been to cold or raining. The fields we practice on are a mess.

We are playing our 1st game tomorrow, hopefully the weather will be like today. Finally a nice day.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
It is just because Mayor Daley is leaving. The sun will shine again, when Rahm gets through with all of his changes.

My son has attended 2 Cubs games, with temps in the mid 20s. By the way, the Cubs outdid themselves yesterday. They could use a 4 hour practice, I think.

Jan 18, 2011
Amy, being in Arizona. You should have loved that 7 run 1st inning, :)

I don't think I ever saw a pitcher more rattled than last night.

I live in PA but caught the first few innings before bed. Wow, just wow. I don't feel so bad for what they (D-Backs) did to my Phils now.

Sorry for breaking topic.

May 12, 2010
Chicago Area
I'm coaching a 12u rec team in the area....we started practicing April 1 and have 4 practices so far, two of them in pretty poor conditions. Opening day is next Saturday. Thankfully I have a make up practice this afternoon and 2 more next week, we have a lot of work to do.

Take it easy on my Cubs! :)

Feb 16, 2009
"The trek to Friday's bounty of sun has been a long haul for cloud and rain- weary residents. The month has produced 17 days of measurable rain and the lowest percentage of April sun---just 29 percent---in 118 years of records."

It's been absolutely horrible. But I laugh at the teams lamenting they have only gotten 4-5 games in. DD's HS team has a coach who NEVER cancels if at all possible and we are 14-4. They played last night in at one point I can call a monsoon. They've played in wind, sleet and snow flurries with most of their games with wind chills in the 20's/30's -- with a jersey and one layer of under armour on. I don't know how these girls have done it as we parents shivered in the stands in our down coats and umbrellas. There are many local threads going round about why we can't have volleyball (indoors) in the spring and softball in the Fall.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clawdog