Chelsea Wilkinson game ending IP vs Tennessee

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Had she released the ball do you think she would have gotten called for the leap?

Got to feel for the kid. Already having a rough season and now this.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Was watching that game myself. Umpires probably would have just called it a ball on the batter if she had let the ball go. Horrible way to lose a tight game.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
While SEC teams hate to lose to one another, as long as UGA makes it into the field of 64 for the WCWS, she should be able to look back at it and laugh. Can you imagine losing a deciding game 3 in the WCWS like this? She might have ended up like Ray Finkle in "Ace Ventura"....

Jun 22, 2008
Forget the teams, was 2 or 3 years ago in the regionals as I recall. Pretty much same thing happened, winning run on 3rd, pitcher started her windup and for whatever reason pulled up and didnt let go of the ball. IP and winning run crossed the plate.

Feb 26, 2012
Indiana
Did her stride foot get caught in her shoe laces, causing her to fall? If she would have just dropped the ball during her fall, would it have been a ball instead of an illegal pitch?

Wish an illegal pitch was a ball instead of everyone moving up 1 base...

Jan 11, 2015
That toe up, toe down style is ripe for issues. I have also seen a girl fall into the hole with that move, but she let go of the ball, so not a balk. PCs: Stop teaching that method, so the kid's foot is already down!!!!!!
Are you saying no light toe drag!!!!!!!!! Are you saying drag a 30 pound anchor behind you and push the ball to home?

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
That toe up, toe down style is ripe for issues. I have also seen a girl fall into the hole with that move, but she let go of the ball, so not a balk. PCs: Stop teaching that method, so the kid's foot is already down!!!!!!

Once again you have proven yourself correct when you previously stated that you know nothing about pitching.

Oct 22, 2009
Another one of those husband watches the game while I'm at lessons and I get home and he ruins the game for me with the spoiler.:mad:

Was watching that game myself. Umpires probably would have just called it a ball on the batter if she had let the ball go. Horrible way to lose a tight game.

I'm glad this was brought up because if the winning run was on third and she dropped the ball out in front couldn't the runner steal home?
One of my students did an IP in a game with a runner on 3rd, she thought the umpire wasn't looking so she stopped her pitch. Coach told her next time to finish the pitch but just drop the ball in front of her and let it roll. I disagreed, I told her to finish the pitch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rosie