Check check check her out! Friday check in 3/20

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
12U PGF qualifier in Huntington Beach. 40 teams and only 4 berths (not good odds!). We also drew one of the top teams in the tournament for our first game, DD is the starting pitcher and will have to bring her "A" game if we want to stay out of the losers bracket.

Eric, great experience for Maddie and get use to the early morning games since she will be a full-time TB player before you know it.:)

I might head up to watch some of this tomorrow so check your PMs tomorrow and we can meet up.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
DD #1 has her first 12U tournament of the season down in Tacoma, IF (and it's a big if) the weather cooperates. We've had so many dry, sunny days at the end of winter that the softball gods probably have to punish us, right?

We'll be playing our first game without our three best players as they're being benched for continued poor conduct at practice, so it'll be interesting to see how that goes.

What did they do? Were they taking grounders while smoking or something?

Jun 7, 2013
I will be watching my DD who is, for the first time, doing some pitching for varsity in an indoor scrimmage. Should be fun!

Dec 7, 2011
Will watch the conference opener for DD via the comfort of my computer chair. Crossing fingers she will get a chance

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
DS will be helping his rowing team put in the docks tomorrow. Starting Monday they will row on the Milwaukee and Menominee Rivers. Two weeks before their first big race of the season. Meanwhile, I took a contract position about 2 miles from DS' school, and I will need a crash pad in Milwaukee. The nearest affordable places that are in decent neighborhoods are close to his dorm, so DS is rather unhappy about that.

DD #2 is a couple of weeks into HS track season. She has a school activity tomorrow. The track varsity has an indoor meet tomorrow, but she isn't varsity. Normally she would volunteer, but she could lose a potential scholarship if she misses her school activity.

DD #3 has had a VERY busy week, so busy she has been missing softball practice. Last Saturday was the Madison strings festival, and she played her violin. She plans to hang up her bow in a few months. This week she has a school play -- 4 performances in two days. Her 3rd performance starts right around the time I am typing this. DW, DD #2 and I will watch her final performance tonight. Total bit part, but she has fun.

Tomorrow is the tryout session for the Little League. Actually, it is a last chance for the coaches to evaluate the players before the Monday draft. DD #3 is expected to be the first overall pick.

Oct 15, 2013
Seattle, WA
What did they do? Were they taking grounders while smoking or something?

Multiple, ongoing issues revolving around team chemistry and leadership. The last straw was they disappeared and delayed start of practice when we had some very illustrious guests helping us out one night. I found them hiding from their teammates in a closet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HCockell