Chanting in the Dugout

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 19, 2009
I can't stand the chants. My girl hates the chants. She says it sounds like they are at cheerleading competetition. She switched over from baseball after her last year in Cal Ripken. The chants were pretty prevelant her first year when she played 14U. She's been playing 18U since and, thankfully, the chants are gone.

There's still a lot of positive chering for her teamates but the silly chanting seems to be left to the younger age groups.

Jan 25, 2011
I can't stand the chants. My girl hates the chants. She says it sounds like they are at cheerleading competetition. She switched over from baseball after her last year in Cal Ripken. The chants were pretty prevelant her first year when she played 14U. She's been playing 18U since and, thankfully, the chants are gone.

There's still a lot of positive chering for her teamates but the silly chanting seems to be left to the younger age groups.
you never watched a college game then have you!I'am noy saying I love the chants and neither does my dd,she never does them.

Oct 13, 2010
Georgia
When the game is on the line and the girls in the dugout are cheering, chanting, or whatever to encourage the hitters, it can really turn the momentum of the game. I've never tried to quiet down cheering, although sometimes when it is half hearted and not really doing any good, it can be annoying. I have found that cheering is usually an indication of how involved in the game the team is feeling.

Jan 31, 2011
When the game is on the line and the girls in the dugout are cheering, chanting, or whatever to encourage the hitters, it can really turn the momentum of the game. I've never tried to quiet down cheering, although sometimes when it is half hearted and not really doing any good, it can be annoying. I have found that cheering is usually an indication of how involved in the game the team is feeling.

I agree completely! And yes, watch the college games & see how loud they can be.

Jun 21, 2010

I agree, can't stand the chants. It makes the kids sound like cheerleading robots. I especially hate the "good eye, good eye, ball" when our team's pitcher is on the mound. I feel it's negative and shouldn't be allowed.

Cheer for your team all you want on an individual basis. Chants are annoying.

Mar 13, 2010
Lol. Love the men who hate the chants. It's very rare to find a girl who doesn't enjoy them (let alone love them)

Batting can sometimes be boring. I'm saying this as an adult. It's worse for little girls. (it's worse for boys. My team I coached when I was 18 refused to chant because 'we aren't girls' but would not pay attention. I had a dad teach them a couple of rock songs. They sung instead. It was hilarious, kept the boys focussed and gave the other teams the heebies) Cheering is fun. It keeps them watching the games.

And sounding like cheerleaders shouldn't be considered an insult. Cheerleaders work just as hard as softballers. Just because they wear skirts doesn't make it less of a sport v

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd