CF7 vs CF8?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 27, 2012
Thanks for all the feedback. Probably going to let her pick between the CF8 -10 standard balance or Hope limited edition. My understanding is it is the same bat with slight different end caps, and different graphics.

KCM

Mar 8, 2012
South Carolina
My daughter is one that went from a CF6 33/23 and she just received her CF8 34/24 for Core Softball Friday. After her rounds in batting cage and later that day against live pitching she ended up putting her old CF6 in my wagon pile (collection of bats for others to try out). She was nailing the ball with unbelievable distance and drive (but I think it was just the feeling of having something new). She loves it.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
My DD loves her CF7 and really pounds the ball with it... but that could also be all the extra work and the amount of growing up she has done this last 6 months. She wont put it down and doesn't like the LS bats for whatever reason (though most of her team does - great bats).

I have avoided the CF8 at the moment... but only because I don't want to introduce a bat mid-season - and also because she is ready for the next weight/size up. I will be buying it in August....

Jun 20, 2014
Mine went from a cf6 to a cf7 and has been mad at me cuz I gave my niece her cf6. Recently she started swinging her cf8 and she loves me again. Lol

Jan 20, 2015
Indiana
From what Ive seen and heard the CF7 was not the best effort, I have hit with DD cf6 then straight to the 2015 LXT the cf6 (insane) sounds and feels totally different but is hot as a firecracker and getting hotter, not many hits on it. I use it for hitting fly balls to OF. I prefer it over the LXT, DD likes the LXT, but there is a size difference there. The Demar is a 33 - 23, LXT is a 32-23. Both are crazy hot though, Id never let anyone tell me one is way better than the other. Jury still out on how they last though.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
CF7's seem to be working well for the University of Michigan. Most of their players seem to be swinging them just fine.

May 29, 2015
I got my daughter the CF7 from <a href="http://www.baseballbargains.com">Baseball Bargains</a> . She doesn't have a problem with it. She has tried the CF8 as well, and doesn't think that one is better than the other.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi