CF7 vs CF8?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 27, 2012
My daughter wants the 2015 DeMarini CF7 -10. She has tried a teammates and seems to like it more than her Xeno. Before I go and buy the CF-7, I was wondering if there is considerable difference between the Cf-7 and CF-8. Pop?, durability, etc.
Thanks

Aug 8, 2010
The CF8 seems a good bit hotter so far. Durability difference is unknown yet here. The CF8 seems to be on par with the original blue CF5

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
It seemed to me watching college softball that quite a few players kept their CF6s, skipped the CF7 altogether, and are switching to a CF8. A better question might be what is better a CF6 or CF8.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
It seemed to me watching college softball that quite a few players kept their CF6s, skipped the CF7 altogether, and are switching to a CF8. A better question might be what is better a CF6 or CF8.

Yep... I got the CF6 as a second bat.... DD Loves it & sometimes rest the 2Legit... :cool:

Based on thousands of hits with exit speed measured on the CF5, CF6 and CF7 plus several hundred hits with exit speed measured on the CF8, my choices, in order, would be:

CF5
CF8
CF5
CF8
CF5
CF8

Obviously, there are no data to support durability of the CF8. However, we have CF5s on the team that are three years old and still lighting it up. The couple of CF6s we tried didn't last long at all before cracking and the CF7s didn't hang around long enough to find out if they're durable.

Feb 3, 2011
Based on thousands of hits with exit speed measured on the CF5, CF6 and CF7 plus several hundred hits with exit speed measured on the CF8, my choices, in order, would be:

CF5
CF8
CF5
CF8
CF5
CF8

Obviously, there are no data to support durability of the CF8. However, we have CF5s on the team that are three years old and still lighting it up. The couple of CF6s we tried didn't last long at all before cracking and the CF7s didn't hang around long enough to find out if they're durable.
This is pretty much what my anecdata supports, too. The CF5 remains at the head of the class, but early reports suggest that DeMarini may have recaptured the magic with the CF8.

The CF6 had the pop, but lacked durability. I've seen that bat cracked more often than any other. I just picked up a used CF6 as DD is moving up in size. I'm hoping it will last until the price break on the current CF8.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi