CF 7 End Cap Question - Help Needed

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 1, 2014
My DD got a CF 7 from her teammate. It's been used about one year. The bat is two inches and ounces longer than her old one. She's been on fire since getting the longer bat. 0.750 + BA & 5 HR this month.

I was cleaning it today and inspecting it for cracks. I noticed something sticking out from under the end cap. It looks like a little paper with florescent yellow on one side and white on the other. I'm hoping it's what's left of the wrapper or original packaging. I hope it's not some tape or something that someone put to keep the end cap back on after they tampered with the bat. I would never knowingly let her use a rolled or shaved bat just to get an edge. I would rather she learn how to swing correctly.

CF 7endcap.jpg

Has anyone seen this before? Thanks

iFastpitch

All Out, All Day
Apr 28, 2014
The Diamonds
Looks like ball cover to me. I've had it happen on my DD bat a couple of times, albeit not quite as much "skin" as that, but it usually will work itself out after a few solid hits. Try using more of the sweet spot instead of the end. ;)

Aug 1, 2014
That could be it. At least it sounds more likely than the wrapper haha.

I will tell her to hit it more solidly. She will get a kick out of that. Every now and you gotta foul one off.
Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi