Catchers Glove

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I know this is an expensive option, but Rawlings black dry horween, their black oiled horween, or their black Japanese tanned (J-Tan) leathers are awesome, especially their customs, very thick, tough, and durable steer hide! Now having said that, I've never had a custom Rawlings fastpitch catchers mitt in my hands, I basing that on their custom fielders gloves. But I can't imagine their mitts would be any different.

Now that I think about it, a while back a board member posted a custom Rawlings mitt here, it was blue......I *think*?

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I just looked on Vinci’s sight, do they not make a 34” Kip mitt with a H-web? I’m sure Drakemir could have you one made, and for considerably less than one of those Rawlings. They do show the option for a 34” Optimus mitt with a H-web, but for the price of it, I’d get the custom Rawlings! What year of college is your DD in now? But still, don’t completely overlook that All-Star CMW3000, it’s a great mitt!

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I just looked on Vinci’s sight, do they not make a 34” Kip mitt with a H-web? I’m sure Drakemir could have you one made, and for considerably less than one of those Rawlings. They do show the option for a 34” Optimus mitt with a H-web, but for the price of it, I’d get the custom Rawlings! What year of college is your DD in now? But still, don’t completely overlook that All-Star CMW3000, it’s a great mitt!

I have heard that they are planning to make a 34" kip with and H-web, but at the moment, I don't believe they do.

Feb 18, 2014
Like i said, info very happy with my Vinci, i was initially worried about the pocket depth, but with use it really deepened.
290ac34d023d3eb5602e58cb990678af.jpg
b1f8e5f02018034481c9044d7b94eead.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Jan 26, 2015
NE Kansas
I like the look of the Vinci's, but DD has had a closed pocket glove and really prefers the H pockets. DD's a freshman and thriving at college. I laugh because one of the GA's told her she was too aggressive behind the plate sometimes. She out gunned a senior 2nd baseman the other day trying for the out. I like the Rawlings, I'll have DD take a look at them when she comes home next.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
CatchersMom, it was ScottyDont who ordered a blue custom Rawlings mitt, a true Heart of the Hide leather mitt, not the Dual Core crap!

Do a search of Custom Rawlings mitt.
Go to the thread, Catching mitt advise needed.
It's on page 2, post 19.

Sorry, I can't for the life of me figure out how to copy & paste that thread here??:mad: User error I'm sure!!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Like i said, info very happy with my Vinci, i was initially worried about the pocket depth, but with use it really deepened.
290ac34d023d3eb5602e58cb990678af.jpg
b1f8e5f02018034481c9044d7b94eead.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Look at that beast!! That mitt will still be here when we're all dead and gone! That bottom picture looks like that's some kind of missing part on a medieval torture device!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina

Hey ian, I'm sure that pattern is great, but that particular model (ProCM33FPB) is made with "Horween Featherlite" leather which is a Dual Core Heart of the Hide model. The customs we were playing around with yesterday were true Heart of the Hide Rawlings with true HOH leather. HUGE difference in leathers!!

Just take the black customs I mocked up yesterday, there's 3 different blacks....

***Dry black, this is Rawlings Japanese tanned (J-Tan) steer hide leather, dang great leather!
***Horween oiled black, supplied by THE Horween tannery out of Chicago, IL. This stuff is tough as nails and wears like iron!!
***And Horween black soft Dual Core, or Featherlite.....this stuff is crap, don't buy a Dual Core Rawlings unless it's for rec ball, definitely not for hard, serious play like travel ball or year round play, gets floppy fast!

For a black Rawlings glove, both of the top two mentioned are great leathers and the two you would want to buy!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles