Catchers Glove

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 26, 2015
NE Kansas
Vinci JCV34. Best padding available. She won't need another mitt for the rest of her college career.

See, I've been really intrigued by the Vinci's but have never seen one in person. My biggest problem is we don't have any stores that carry a good selection of quality catchers gloves for her to try. I don't think DH will like the credit card bill after I order 2 or 3 gloves for her to test.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
See, I've been really intrigued by the Vinci's but have never seen one in person. My biggest problem is we don't have any stores that carry a good selection of quality catchers gloves for her to try. I don't think DH will like the credit card bill after I order 2 or 3 gloves for her to test.

As long as the place you're ordering from has a good return policy, it shouldn't be a big deal to order a bunch, keep one, and send back the rest. I have used justballgolves.com in the past for this exact process. They will let you break in a glove, and still return it for 100% credit. Hard to beat that service. However, they don't carry Vinci catcher's mitts.

Feb 18, 2014
As long as the place you're ordering from has a good return policy, it shouldn't be a big deal to order a bunch, keep one, and send back the rest. I have used justballgolves.com in the past for this exact process. They will let you break in a glove, and still return it for 100% credit. Hard to beat that service. However, they don't carry Vinci catcher's mitts.
This is why Costco return policies went from awesome, to crap.

I love my Vinci.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
DD just let us know that she has put a new glove on her Christmas list. Hers is 3-4 yrs old. She says she needs more padding to catch the 60+mph fast pitches her college teammates throw at her. She currently has a 34" not sure what brand H weave. She's 5'7". How is the padding on these? Any other suggestions?

Playing around on the Rawlings custom builder, thought I'd mock up a couple.....you know, spend your money:p I keep getting stopped here at work, people won't leave me alone! Tell me her college colors and I'll mock another one up later. I'm a sucker for tan laces and Rawlings Vegas gold stitching, these are options I love, the possibilities aren't quite endless, but there's a lot of them!

Attachments

• download (4).jpg
    download (4).jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 53
  • download (8).jpg
    download (8).jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 54
  • download (3).jpg
    download (3).jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 55
  • download (9).jpg
    download (9).jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 55
  • download (10).jpg
    download (10).jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
A few more.....love the old school all tan, red & white patches, gray split welting, and Vegas gold stitching! And a couple tan mitts with a black H-web and black 2pc. web.

Attachments

• download (11).jpg
    download (11).jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 51
  • download (12).jpg
    download (12).jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 52
  • download (13).jpg
    download (13).jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 50
  • download (14).jpg
    download (14).jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Jan 26, 2015
NE Kansas
Playing around on the Rawlings custom builder, thought I'd mock up a couple.....you know, spend your money:p I keep getting stopped her at work, people won't leave me alone! Tell me her college colors and I'll mock another one up later. I'm a sucker for tan laces and Rawlings Vegas gold stitching, these are options I love, the possibilities aren't quite endless, but there's a lot of them!

School colors: Dark green & White. Uniforms are black, dark grey, green and white. DD is partial to black mitts and an "H" pocket. I tried to get on this site earlier and IT must have it blocked. Don't they know how important this stuff is? Work can wait!

May 24, 2013
So Cal
School colors: Dark green & White. Uniforms are black, dark grey, green and white. DD is partial to black mitts and an "H" pocket. I tried to get on this site earlier and IT must have it blocked. Don't they know how important this stuff is? Work can wait!

My DD prefers an H-web, too. The JCV34 comes with a solid web, which makes the pocket a bit more shallow than my DD prefers (it's very similar to an A2000). She was on the verge of abandoning the mitt because of it. I contacted Vinci and had them send me an H-web. That swap made all the difference. DD is very happy with her Vinci now.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina

Just off the cuff, tough color combination....black oiled horween leather, black H-web, green & white patches, gray lace, gray stitches, gray binding & trim.

Attachments

• download (15).jpg
    download (15).jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 48
  • download (16).jpg
    download (16).jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 52
Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
All black oiled horween, green & white patches, gray embroidery. Man, I'm beat...going home!

Attachments

• download (17).jpg
    download (17).jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 46
  • download (18).jpg
    download (18).jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 47
  • download (19).jpg
    download (19).jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 47

Members online

No members online now.