Can teasing a player be inappropriate?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 16, 2008
Oregon
No, there are 4 coaches. The head coach, the next in line asst coach (the reason DD is on this team) and 2 other coaches in their last seasons. One of which fancies himself a batting coach, keeps the book and thought he was funny. I think you are right that I should let him know and I'm sure he'd help her out knowing the circumstance. I'm trying to get her to open dialogue with her coach, but there's a good amount of loud kids on the team and she is shy. It's easy for her to get lost.

The "good" coach makes sure he lets her know when she does good. the head coach will tell everyone but her . In her first game at 1B this season, she made a play to get the runner out at 1b but forgot about the runner at 3b-so he yelled to her (appropriately)

a week ago same situation, weak hit toward 1b, DD runs in, gets it back to the bag for 1 out, wheels and fires a strike home and catcher drops the ball,. The feedback- "jeezus, throw the ball to her, you're not trying to kill her!" the next inning she was replaced with a girl who can't even catch half the time.
my wife has a few times. it's embarassing. we usually watch the games from different locations.

Thats just plain stupid!! A catcher can receive 50 mph breaking pitches from 40 feet, but the coach is worried about a 60 foot throw home???

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying