Can anyone beat Florida?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
They looked pretty convincing against the #2 and #3 teams in the nation. Great D, great hitting, insane pitching with 3 great pitchers. Does anyone realistically stand a chance this year? As a PAC-10 fan I am really reluctant to say this, but this year's Gators may be the best college team ever assembled.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Florida's catcher (So Cal girl, Aubree Munro) was at the Packaged Deal clinic my DD attended a few months ago. That young lady is intense, and a hell of an athlete.

Mar 26, 2013
They looked pretty convincing against the #2 and #3 teams in the nation. Great D, great hitting, insane pitching with 3 great pitchers. Does anyone realistically stand a chance this year? As a PAC-10 fan I am really reluctant to say this, but this year's Gators may be the best college team ever assembled.
Gators could very well be one of the best ever IF they win it all. Regardless, I'd put the '13 OU Sooners ahead of them.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Gators could very well be one of the best ever IF they win it all. Regardless, I'd put the '13 OU Sooners ahead of them.

I'd put some of the old UCLA teams ahead of both of them. That being said, Florida may stumble a, repeat, A game... maybe 2 but I realistically don't think anyone can take them down in a series unless injuries come into play.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
I'd put some of the old UCLA teams ahead of both of them. That being said, Florida may stumble a, repeat, A game... maybe 2 but I realistically don't think anyone can take them down in a series unless injuries come into play.

Based on the merits of the teams in their respective time period or head to head? I cannot see the teams from back in the day being able to compete with the bigger, stronger, and faster athletes of today.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Based on the merits of the teams in their respective time period or head to head? I cannot see the teams from back in the day being able to compete with the bigger, stronger, and faster athletes of today.

Based on their respective time periods. Head to head Florida wins hands down due to several factors including advancements in Pitching, hotter bats, better hitting mechanics, evolving strategies etc. including the ones you already mentioned.

It's akin to Jim Brown trying to play in the NFL today. He wouldn't make it beyond a two yard run IMO. The speed and size of these athletes today are far superior than those back in his day. Yet you have to give the man credit for what he accomplished against the competition of his respective time period.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez