Burn the Ships now on Hulu!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TMD

Feb 18, 2016
Also available on Amazon Prime. Looks really interesting (and probably more than a bit frustrating). Will definitely check it out.

TMD

Feb 18, 2016
So I watched this over the weekend. As expected, it was a really engaging and insightful look at the world of professional softball, but also really frustrating. I know there have been other threads on the practical viability of professional softball, so won't try to rehash it here, but the work and dedication that people like Joey Arrietta put in day in and day out to keep her team running is amazing.

If you're not familiar, this follows the Akron Racers during the 2015 NPF season, interspersed with some history of the woman's pro fastpitch game. This is not a "rah rah look at how great we are" documentary, but rather a warts and all look at the realities of running a team and playing professional softball. I haven't been the biggest fan of Cheri Kempf, but thought she came across strong and passionate in this.

Highly recommend it.

May 20, 2015
my team wants to watch this together.....which will probably result in an 11-player 14u sleepover at our house (to go with my 11 year old and 4 year old, in addition to my 13 year old)

sounds fun, right?

seems like a good team experience but also to drive home the point that this isn't forever, and to make the most of each other and their experience

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
my team wants to watch this together.....which will probably result in an 11-player 14u sleepover at our house (to go with my 11 year old and 4 year old, in addition to my 13 year old)

sounds fun, right?

seems like a good team experience but also to drive home the point that this isn't forever, and to make the most of each other and their experience

This is one of the reasons for assistant coaches. :)

Have fun, enjoy the pizza.

Oct 1, 2014
USA

sounds fun, right?

Go for a double feature and pair "Burn the Ships" with the "All Stars" movie....something for everyone! And gotta give props to Quincy for suggesting the Assistant Coaches role here. ;-)

May 20, 2015
i look at it this way:

the almost 4 year old will sleep well, and she'll be occupied all night

the 11 year old will have fun with the older girls, or we'll ship her out for the night

and it will be fun cooking breakfast for the crew in the morning

plus their parents will really, really owe me

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez