Bummed

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
Bummed out that my 8u DD is done for the season. She was just really getting into it. Improving on everything in the field and making good friends with teammates. Now I see all the other league parents off doing Allstar tournaments and posting on Facebook. I just want to see her keep playing because it was a common thing with us.

Anyone else feel that way?

Some of my best memories are from the off season practice I did with the girls when they were in rec. I wish we had the time for that now, so miss the games but use the off seasons to make other memories.

Jun 11, 2013
Truth.

We have a pool. We enjoy having friends and family over on the weekends to hang out and enjoy the pool with us. Two summers ago, we spent about a dozen days doing exactly that. Last summer, we had two. I'll give you one guess what the difference was. On a related note, my DD spent more time in hotel pools than she did our own.

Just for the record, I wouldn't change it at all.

Jun 19, 2013
Ask her if she wants to be a pitcher - that'll give you two something to work on this summer and take care of any free time you thought you had :)

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Ask her if she wants to be a pitcher - that'll give you two something to work on this summer and take care of any free time you thought you had :)

Don't fall for it!!...

...train her to be a catcher, instead. Same time commitment, but it's easier on your shins.

;)

Dec 17, 2015
Chesapeake, VA
Don't fall for it!!...

...train her to be a catcher, instead. Same time commitment, but it's easier on your shins.

;)

My knees disagree with that statement. I played 1st, 2nd, and catcher. Knee savers weren't a thing when I played. I wish they were!!!!! Had my daughter try it a few times, she refused to squat down.

No need to ask, she wants to pitch.

We had a few minutes before heading out to the ball park, she decided she need some fielding work and came up with this.....

insidefielding1.jpg

insidefielding2.jpg

ArmyStrong

Going broke on softball
Sep 14, 2014
Pacific NW

Not only will you lose a whole year of your life studying the stickies on the pitching forum, your lawn will be overcome by weeds and your garage will never be cleaned, except for the space created in front of the tarp you just put up.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I was referring to the battering of shins that bucket-dads/moms tend to receive while catching for their DDs who are learning to pitch. As the dad of a catcher-beast, my shins are in good shape. :)

If your DD wants to pitch, that's awesome. I hope you both have a great time with that journey.

Dec 17, 2015
Chesapeake, VA
I was referring to the battering of shins that bucket-dads/moms tend to receive while catching for their DDs who are learning to pitch. As the dad of a catcher-beast, my shins are in good shape. :)

If your DD wants to pitch, that's awesome. I hope you both have a great time with that journey.

Ah I see what you are saying and present a very valid argument. I had her at 3B and pitcher towards end of the year. Her blind luck ability to stop the ball could be molded into a fine catcher. Just need to figure out her thought process and adjust it...

Currently I'm at
1) Ignore dad
2) Give mean look to other coaches for repeating dad
3) Oh look dirt!
4) :ball is hit: Look up
5) Stick glove out at the last second
6) Make a good throw to first.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member