Broken glove rule?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
One of my pitchers was trying to tie off the leather strings to the little finger loop, today and I kept saying "It is OK. It isn't going anywhere." Well, evidently, her coach and another coach had said that all strings must be tied and that it is a rule.

That is a new one, for me. I know for a fact that my pitching DD had a busted glove in the fingers, when she was 17, because I have pictures of it. No umpire ever mentioned it to her.

Is this something new in ASA?

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
One of my pitchers was trying to tie off the leather strings to the little finger loop, today and I kept saying "It is OK. It isn't going anywhere." Well, evidently, her coach and another coach had said that all strings must be tied and that it is a rule.

That is a new one, for me. I know for a fact that my pitching DD had a busted glove in the fingers, when she was 17, because I have pictures of it. No umpire ever mentioned it to her.

Is this something new in ASA?

Amy, really? You are letting these folks near your pitcher? Where do people come up with this stuff?

ASA doesn't even require a glove. They only concern ASA addresses is the size of the glove and, if a pitcher in FP, the color scheme.

Oct 13, 2010
Oklahoma
Amy, really? You are letting these folks near your pitcher? Where do people come up with this stuff?

ASA doesn't even require a glove. They only concern ASA addresses is the size of the glove and, if a pitcher in FP, the color scheme.

color scheme?

Jul 26, 2010
Yeah the pitchers glove cannot have optic yellow on it. They used to disallow multi-colored gloves but now it's just no optic yellow. My daughter had to black out the Wilson logo and lettering on her A2000, but now Wilson uses white thread for their pitchers mitts.

-W

Mar 13, 2010
Funniest confrontation I've ever seen was two years ago with a coach screaming because a girl had a glove with white stitching when she was pitching. Nothing anyone could say would make him realise that the reason we had that rule, was because the balls used to be white. We even showed him the rulebook with 'optic yellow' now in there but he got so upset he got booted.

Amy those people sound stupid.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
It wasn't just the 12U coach, that said that. The 10U daughter was told that, too. I don't know either coach. So, I thought "Well, maybe." Plus, people wouldn't have to argue with their kids about getting the favorite glove restrung, anymore. But, I also was thinking about the logistics of such a rule, a "Your gloves wore out, but your isn't," sort of thing.

The 12U coach also had my student (this is the girl that I posted the burst of photos of) change her follow through to the "power L." Great.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan