Broadcasting games on Facebook live or Periscope?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Sorry for hijacking the thread, JAD, but what GoPro do you use? A quick search shows quite a few options, and I have zero knowledge of cameras.

We have a GoPro Hero 4, but to be honest I have never used it, my kids have. I watched some YouTube videos on how to use it to broadcast games, and while it was pretty cool, it ties up my cell phone, which is not an option for long periods of time, even on weekends. That is why I am going to try to use my old cell phone. I can use Facebook Live or Periscope on it directly without tying up my phone.

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
Just to add a couple cents to this topic:

Not a fan of the quality of either Facebook or Twitter. However, YouTube does a fine job. LiveStream does even better, but is a bit expensive. LiveStream will also let you use your GoPro, but cannot be newer than GoPro 4. The 5 and 6 are not compatible.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I used my old Samsung Galaxy S7 edge to broadcast the games, and while it was not perfect, it got the job down. FOV is much narrower with a cell phone that it is with a GoPro, but considering the ESPN WWOS had free WiFi it worked like a charm. I highly recommend giving it a try if you have family or friends at home who want to watch the game and do not want to play to join FloSoftball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi