Break-In technique

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

GIMNEPIWO

GIMNEPIWO
Dec 9, 2017
VA
Heat up your oven to 350, turn it off put glove in oven for 5 minutes. Take it out and beat the heck out of it until it comes back to regular temp. repeat process about 5x right away and it will be loose and broken in.

THIS but, I also apply a light coat of EVOO each time it comes out of the oven ... PLUS, being the forgetful often easily distracted person I am, I set the timer on the oven and on my phone as a back up to make sure the mitt does not end up resembling a smoldering eggplant parm ... just sayin'

*edited to say I also use a slightly lower temperature

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2018
THIS but, I also apply a light coat of EVOO each time it comes out of the oven ... PLUS, being the forgetful often easily distracted person I am, I set the timer on the oven and on my phone as a back up to make sure the mitt does not resemble a smoldering egg plant parm ... just sayin'

... and some Everything Bagel Spice!

GIMNEPIWO

GIMNEPIWO
Dec 9, 2017
VA
... and some Everything Bagel Spice!

LMAOWIOAB! OMFG ... I've finally got home made bagels down ... PM me for recipe ... Doing a power bagel now that will change your life ... Just have to remember to take your mitts out of the oven before you bake them

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Conditioner and catch a ton off a pitching machine.
I agree with a ton of catch off of a pitching machine, or just a ton of catch period. But if it's a high quality glove I've had best results breaking them in completely dry, no conditioner. It gets it's first conditioning once it starts showing signs of drying out.

New gloves are already so heavily infused with oil during the tanning process that they don't need anything!

Jun 8, 2016
Sounds like we're in the same boat, my kids are pretty much grown, don't think I'm needed anymore!

Honestly, if it weren't for my grilling probably 5 nights a week, I think I'd be asked to leave!
My DW just got her first job (it is only part time..for now) since the kids were born. I think she is starting her exit strategy plan..

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA