Brag Session

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 23, 2013
PacNw
Just got back from pitching practice and I had my DD try something new---throw a rise ball. After about 4 or 5 that didn't do much, she finally got one with decent spin that went right over the plate. And if Andre the Giant was batting against her, it would have been a strike. ;)

Jul 22, 2013
Sophomore daughter playing varsity, only had 22 ab entire season as freshman. Through five games is 11/15 with a 4/4, 3/4 and 2/3 day already. Confidence begets confidence .. I know it cannot last but its fun to watch a hot streak.

Jun 23, 2013
PacNw
First inning/first game/first tournament of the season. Playing a team that we beat every time we played last year. DD in the circle, not getting corners and she has a complete meltdown. Gives the ump the hairy eyebrow. Walks 3 in a row, gives up a run. HC not happy and he gives her an ear full for the attitude (rightfully so, she knows better) at the end of the inning. She regained her composure and struck out 10 of the next 12 batters.

Hopefully, lesson learned.

Apr 1, 2010
Got a sunburn at 11 am from our 85 degree weather here socal

I got a bit of a sunburn too yesterday afternoon when I was tossing for DD. It was 73 and clear. Right now, however, it is 30 degrees with light snow. No sunburn today, LOL, possibly/probably no team practice either.

The team was originally planning to have their first tournament this weekend; they decided next weekend was a safer bet. I hope we'll get two decent days then.

Last edited:

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
brag time.....after getting rocked on a game a few weeks ago in her first complete game in 12U TB, DD has pitched two more games. 0 ERA, record is 2-0, 2 total runs in 8 innings, maybe 5 walks, got the bases loaded twice and pitched out of it.

Not sure how she does it, she is on the slower side of the pitchers we see. Her CU has gotten pretty good and when she can throw it for a strike it works really well, but she looks so vulnerable speed wise. The teams were not bad either, I really can't explain how she gets sooo many weak ground balls.

Mar 28, 2013
[Hopefully, lesson learned.[/QUOTE]

One of my favorite sayings and it certainly relates to athletes also.

"life's lessons continue to be taught until they are learned"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ourLadGloves