Boys play softball???

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

My 10yo DD started taking lessons about 3 months ago. In a recent conversation she asked if her instructor knew how to pitch from reading books and watching videos of girls pitching. I fought back the chuckle and we dove right in to the world of the big boys. She was entranced by the things she saw. However, DD is not unlike any other and desires proof- proof that mom isn't blowin smoke up... well you know the saying. I'm hoping that one of you guru's have the proof she needs. Does anybody have anything to share about Pete Meredith????

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
I don't know him, but I know Bill Hillhouse has only played softball, never baseball.
Also, there is a Men's Fastpitch national team.

I don't know him, but I know Bill Hillhouse has only played softball, never baseball.
Also, there is a Men's Fastpitch national team.

yes, I am aware of the men who play and the many things they contribute to this great game. I follow the men's national team as well. I have shown DD many things recently about the men's side... why I never had before? ?? Who knows. Guess it was one of those I thought everyone knew that moments...

I played with and against Pete Meredith. He was one of the absolute best ever pitchers in the men's game. His riseball was breathtaking and at the time he was probably the fastest pitcher in the game. Lots of fun to be on a team with him.....not so fun to have to face him.

I remember watching him pitch when I was about 10 or 11. At that time I knew nothing of the different pitches he threw, but remember feeling scared for the guys standing in the box. It was when I first started pitching myself, and my dad took me to see what all the hard work could turn into. I was in awe. How truly thankful I am my dd has this amazing opportunity to learn from one of the best to ever play the game. I admit while catching for her at lessons I am quite jealous;)

Dec 3, 2012
Missouri
In Missouri, there are still a handful of high schools that play boys fastpitch in the fall season. I used to coach at one nearly 15 years ago. They even hold an unofficial "state championship" tournament with playoffs to qualify for state. It's a lot of fun to watch them play.

Jul 1, 2013
My 10yo DD started taking lessons about 3 months ago. In a recent conversation she asked if her instructor knew how to pitch from reading books and watching videos of girls pitching. I fought back the chuckle and we dove right in to the world of the big boys. She was entranced by the things she saw. However, DD is not unlike any other and desires proof- proof that mom isn't blowin smoke up... well you know the saying. I'm hoping that one of you guru's have the proof she needs. Does anybody have anything to share about Pete Meredith????

Peter Merideth Pitching.

Poneke-kilbirnie v Marist- NZ Club Nationals Final 1989.m4v - YouTube

Mar 13, 2010
I wouldn't worry too much. We one had an Americanirl on my team and she was in ease of the men. She had no idea men played fast pitch and she was in her early 20s

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan