Bownet Alternative

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 24, 2013
Midwest
These look pretty good. We might try one this season as I believe we are due to replace our beat up bownet-knockoff that we inherited from a previous coach.

I will say, our two bownets are on year 4 I believe and are still in phenomenal shape. Expect they will last at least another 2-3 years at least.

I have tried a lot of alternatives to bownet and this ^^^ (Ruckket brand off Amazon for $89 shipped) has been an awesome replacement. The frame is heavier and holds up to the high school girls much better. Ive had girls put balls through the bownet nets hitting off tees and even when Ive used them as a screen.

The heavier net and frame lasts longer at half the price.

Feb 12, 2014
We have purchased a couple of sock nets and an I-screen from baseballtrainingnets.com. They seem to be of good quality and the customer service from them was excellent.

Aug 16, 2015
Spend the money for a bownet! Google Sports Authority discount codes and see what comes up. Then purchase online. We saved something like 30 bucks a couple of years ago. I will say the bag will fall apart before the net does.

Tried it as I had a 20% coupon but they wouldn't apply it to Bownet.

Jun 12, 2015
I don't know how they compare, function wise, but we have a Jugs Instant Screen and it's awesome once you get past the learning curve for folding it up.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
My observations of a few Bownet-style hitting nets...

Bownet - The standard. The net and frame are durable, and have a proven track record. The only weakness is in the bag, which isn't as durable as it should be, considering the abuse it often gets. If you have any issues, Bownet's customer service is excellent, and they stand behind their product.

Primed (Dick's house brand) - I have been using this net for 2 years, and have had zero issues. The quality of materials for the frame and net are on par with the Bownet, but the bag is a more durable material and is holding up well. One drawback is that the plastic bushings between the bottom frame and the flexible poles can come loose and get lost (as has happened to a friend of mine). There is no source for replacement parts.

Powernet - Two coaches on DD's team have had their Powernets for less than 6 months. On both, the bag has torn pretty severely. The net materials seem on par with the others, but the frame is smaller diameter and thinner material than either of the other two. So far, they are still doing their job.

May 22, 2015
Illinois
I bought a Powernet a month or so ago for $99 and free shipping. We use it at least three times a week and so far I have no complaints, but it's still pretty new. DD's team had a Primed last year and it was ok, but I would recommend the Powernet over the Primed. The net ripped and the bag was trashed on the Primed after a few months of use, and i think it was about $20 more.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish