Body Types and Sizes , Can it result in diffferent looks ??

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 7, 2014
This may be off topic but might be an interesting question ...

I have went through all the IR progressions myself and get the desired spin results ...

That being said I am rather Muscular for my size upper body wise Meaning this

My triceps contact my lats before 9:00 and on video it appears I release the ball before my hand gets to my back hip, probably 4 to 5 inches before but the ball is on a slight up hill trajectory not going downhill. and I pronate correctly and the arm finishes toward the target.

Will certain body types affect the IR and make it look wrong when in reality it is just optimum can not be achieved ???

This is just a question to poke around with I am curious about it...

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
A pitcher needs to find their "release point" and it is not necessarily going to be the same for everyone.

Jul 14, 2008
This may be off topic but might be an interesting question ...

I have went through all the IR progressions myself and get the desired spin results ...

That being said I am rather Muscular for my size upper body wise Meaning this

My triceps contact my lats before 9:00 and on video it appears I release the ball before my hand gets to my back hip, probably 4 to 5 inches before but the ball is on a slight up hill trajectory not going downhill. and I pronate correctly and the arm finishes toward the target.

Will certain body types affect the IR and make it look wrong when in reality it is just optimum can not be achieved ???

This is just a question to poke around with I am curious about it...

No.......you either know how to throw the ball underhand correctly or you don't. The size of you upper body build has nothing to do with it. If you're doing it right it looks right. If your doing it wrong it looks wrong........

Jul 14, 2008
Let me add.......There are several ways to achieve proper spin. 9 out of 10 of them are not using optimal throwing mechanics....

Nov 7, 2014
I will post 1 day right now Can not do any video editing my processor keeps heating up and shutting comp down :(

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sterp