Big Mouth First Base Cioach

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 25, 2010
Ask him which one his DD is ...... when he asks why you want to know, tell him because he is an a-hole and leave it at that. Not another word.

If your pitcher is throwing with any velocity, he'll shut up.

That sounds an awful lot like a threat. Am I reading your words correctly? Would you really target a 12-year-old for retribution?

Mar 26, 2013
The umpire(s) should take care of it, so make sure they're aware of it. Beyond that, you can't let the other team's actions distract you or your team from playing the game.

Feb 18, 2014
Cincinnati, Oh.
Teaching the kids to be confident in the fundamentals of the game will take care of this issue. You see this when the team depends on the the coaching staff to tell them what to do with the ball from the sidelines.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2013
Rule 4.7.C.4

Base coach may only address their team.

Should have been a warning them an ejection.

I wrote this rule number and text down. I had a third base coach harassing my DD who was pitching. The umpire seemed to think that this was just part of the game. Now I can quote chapter and verse and get the umpire to enforce this rule.

Apr 7, 2013
At 14u had a 1B Coach yell "change-up" when he picked up out of our Pitchers hand in a seed game, called time walked out and told him if he didn't stop that I had 6 Pitchers and we'd drill every batter in his Line-up if he didn't stop it. Didn't care if we won or lost, luckily it didn't come to that he stopped.

Apr 11, 2012
At 14u had a 1B Coach yell "change-up" when he picked up out of our Pitchers hand in a seed game, called time walked out and told him if he didn't stop that I had 6 Pitchers and we'd drill every batter in his Line-up if he didn't stop it. Didn't care if we won or lost, luckily it didn't come to that he stopped.

unfortunately...."good for you".....that's the only way to settle some disputes in baseball or softball sometimes....and you gave him fair warning....when players are tired of getting donked, maybe they will tell their own coach to "shut-up".....there are un-written rules and when they happen, you just can't let people push you around, because they will......you just can't "take it" if you want your team to development some kind of mental toughness.....sometimes, you have to show your players (14's and older IMO) that it's not about baseball or softball when someone is blatantly slapping you in the face....and that you are not going to just stand there and expect a lowly paid umpire to fix it....

that being said....that's about the limit of retaliation tough, and really your only line of defense.....accosting and personal physical threats are always a "no-no" and can get someone into serious trouble....my friend called last night and said his DD had just won a ASA 10C VIP Series tourney and that during the game there was bickering back and forth between coaching staffs....after the game the losing female HC gave a "F ---You" to the other male HC, while they were shaking hands (according to the story)....then the winning HC started trying to get in her face about it....my buddy said it got real ugly scene with yelling and bad language from many adults....and in a 10C game....how awful for those little girls and kids that were around....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA