Best team in WI for getting exposure

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 18, 2013
I am going to quibble a little bit with your statement MNDad :cool: While there was just a small smattering of coaches at the 18A directional nationals that we were at this year I was talking to a dad from one of the 16U teams that played in the 16A ASA Northern Nationals in Iowa and there was quite a good showing by coaches. He mentioned seeing University of Wisconsin, University of Minnesota, Drake, Iowa, Iowa State, Nebraska, Northern Iowa, Northwestern, UW Lacrosse, UW Stevens Point, UW Stout, Minnesota State, St. Thomas, Creighton, Nebraska Wesleyan, Wayne State, Grinnell, Luther, Bradley, DePaul, Loyola. and many others. He estimated 30-40 coaches there for the first few days of the tourney. We were at a 16U Northern a few years ago and I think it was similar. For a player from the Midwest who wants go to school in the Midwest, I would say that is a fairly good "exposure" tournament. While differing from the true Showcase format, I am sure that any girls who did their homework and let the coaches know where and when they were playing got a look by some coaches from nearby schools that they are interested in.

I’d like to see that verified by others who were there. I’ve never seen or heard of that may coaches coming to Northern Nationals. There’s a couple of Chicago area showcases that draw well, but I’ve never seen that many coaches at any upper Midwest tournament.

Dec 29, 2011
Mayville, WI
I was personally at 16U A Northern Nationals and will verify that I did see a good number of the schools mentioned above at that tournament. The last two years there has been a very good turnout of coaches at 16U Northern Nationals.

I will admit though. I was surprised when I walked by the head coach of the University of Minnesota!!! One of the Assistants from there sat and watched our game actually.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez