Best Softball Programs in the LA area?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 2, 2011
My family and I are thinking about a move to the Los Angeles area. My daughter plays 10U asa ball (first year) and she really enjoys it. What are a few of the better programs in the LA area? We are looking at the Pasadena area which is close to Sierra Madre, which seems to be reputable. What about the other parts of LA?

Thanks!

Feb 7, 2013
I forgot where you are coming from but SoCal ASA is arguably the most competitive fastpitch region in the nation. For example, rec league "B" consists of 8 districts and Sierra Madre Girls Softball is in the LA/Southbay district which doesn't field as strong of teams as most of the other districts. EricF is a good resource for that rec league I would ask him directly. Look into Burbank and inland empire leagues as well.

If you are looking for top travel programs, most are in Orange County and surrounding areas such as SoCal Athletics, OC Batbusters, Corona Angels, Firecrackers, Mizuno Pride, etc. Heybucket is a great resource for locating travel orgs in the area. If you are willing to drive 1 hour, you have access to dozens and dozens of organizations, just depends on what level of comp your DD wants to play?

The bonus of living in Pasadena is the weather. Yesterday it was 85 degrees. She will be able to play softball outdoors, year round.

Aug 2, 2011
Thanks Rocketech1! Yes year around weather for softball would be great. They have year around rec. leagues? Aren't most year around leagues ASA or some other organization? Our rec. league here in Eugene, OR, is a one month season. 85 is about as hot as I can still stand it, so I might be suffferin' a little through the summers. Thanks again for the great info.

Mar 26, 2013
Rec leagues here play throughout the year with 3 distinct seasons - regular (Feb-May), All Stars (May-July) and fall ball (Aug-Nov).

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I forgot where you are coming from but SoCal ASA is arguably the most competitive fastpitch region in the nation. For example, rec league "B" consists of 8 districts and Sierra Madre Girls Softball is in the LA/Southbay district which doesn't field as strong of teams as most of the other districts. EricF is a good resource for that rec league I would ask him directly. Look into Burbank and inland empire leagues as well.

A slight correction, for future reference...
Sierra Madre is in the Northern District, which covers the San Gabriel Valley and North Orange County and includes perennial powerhouses Placentia-Yorba Linda and Charter Oak.

Our small league is on a definite up-swing currently - especially in the 10U division. Last year, our 8U All-Stars did this...
8U%20District%20Champs.jpg

11 of the 12 girls on that team have moved up to 10U.

Eugene Stryke did contact me via PM on this issue, but I'm not sure what he ended up doing.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414