Best seams for pitching

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

The Dudley Thunder Heat in NFHS, ASA or any other flavor has nice seams and my pitchers love them. Stick to leather. Poly is just garbage.

On a related topic. When your pitcher warms up at a tournament stop by the TD and ask for a game ball or two so they warm up with what they will be throwing in the game. Most TD's are happy to oblige.
I agree with everything said here.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
My DD likes the leather Dudley Thunder Heat. I think she could pick one out of a bucket blindfolded.

No surprise there. I tossed by DD a LL ball one time and she immediately tossed it back and said it was heavy. Quick check showed although legal was just over 1/4 ounce heavier that her favorite brand.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
When DD pitched, she preferred the Dudley Thunder Heats as well. Her second choice was the Dream Seam. Either one in leather will last quite a long time then you can relegate them to your hitting bucket and replace the older balls in it one at a time.

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
Ditto the Dudley Thunder Heat. We bought them to use as practice balls this year and the pitchers all love them. They seem to last pretty long, too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaraLynn0207