Best Pitching Accessory

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
DFW
Funny thread.

I have a pool in my back yard so when a pitch ends up in the pool my students automatically hit the ground and give me 5 pushups. Its one of my yard rules. :) It also helps them keep symmetry to the muscle structure of the upper back and chest. Which I feel is important as they start to develop.

I had the Black Lab model. Her name was Danielle and she could retrieve with the best of them from the pool. That dog would sit out there and bark wanting you to throw it into the pool for her. She would always return it to you and drop it at your feet.

Then shake and get water all over you............. We lost her this year but what great memories.

Dana.

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
We keep the Chihuahua in the house during workouts and the Westie could care less what we are doing as long as there are birds in the yard.

Not very many balls get by these days and when they do they are stopped by a fence. I shouldn't need to replace any slats for at least another couple of weeks :)

Feb 19, 2009
I've got a '06 Jake that I thought would be top of the line pure yellow lab retriever when I got it. It does pretty well on the ball getting, it's the bringing it right back to the catcher immediately that's the problem. It's not enough of a problem that I decided to send it back for replacment, it gets distracted by squirills soon enough and will drop it close by. I need to let the ball dry off for awhile anyway since dd doesn't like to throw a dog spitter.

Mar 18, 2009
La Crosse WI
My daughter was practicing her pitching on the driveway. Our toy poodle jumped up to follow the ball around her windmill. She clunked the pooch in the head at the release point. We all thought Sparky was dead -- he was lying on the paveway twitching, out cold. Came to after a minute or so. Lost all interest in softball after that.
jim

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414