Be the Best You Are clinic in NJ - Patty Gasso

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 17, 2009
Baltimore, MD
I remember a conversation that started over the swing being linear and rotational and that the nose goes ahead of the belly button during toe touch. The discussion was about momentum in the swing and not staying back and squishing the bug.. I believe it was Gasso on Friday morning.

It might have been the Weeklys after Gasso.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2008
Central PA
I remember a conversation that started over the swing being linear and rotational and that the nose goes ahead of the belly button during toe touch. The discussion was about momentum in the swing and not staying back and squishing the bug.. I believe it was Gasso on Friday morning.

This. My friend forwarded her reply to me, and this is how she explained it. My friend needs to pay attention better!

Apologies to Coach Gasso and I'll edit my original post.

Dec 16, 2012

This is exactly how I remember it also. The Weekly's also talked about it Thursday evening.

Dec 19, 2012
And you were right. Again, apologies to Coach Gasso.

The more important thing is to make sure your friend is straightened out and not teaching that nonsense to his players....and the next time you see him you should smack him upside the head and give him an atomic wedgie.....he'll understand.:D

Oct 19, 2009
When I would go with DD to a clinics I would take it all in go home and test the information I if it feels right and works to my satisfaction then I would use it. If it does not work for me then I discard it.

Many times it maybe me not fully understanding, but if I didn’t complete understand then IMO it is better for me not to use it.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
When I would go with DD to a clinics I would take it all in go home and test the information I if it feels right and works to my satisfaction then I would use it. If it does not work for me then I discard it.

Many times it maybe me not fully understanding, but if I didn’t complete understand then IMO it is better for me not to use it.

In this case a quick application of the Hanson Principle was all that was needed to toss the interpreted information in the garbage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA